Music (Library)

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

deadpeoplestuff

Music (Library)

Post by deadpeoplestuff »

Hello - I'm a newbie and just finding my way around...

In 'music' - it lists absolutely everything found on my various drives - inc podcasts (which it also displays under podcasts) so far so good...

Question: can I sort/filter the 'music' file so it only displays my music files

ie. It already sorts podcasts into 'podcasts' (good) but I don't want them showing up in my music library

Thanks
MeeMeeMee

Re: Music (Library)

Post by MeeMeeMee »

As far as I know, managing collections is only available in the gold version.
Check Tools->options->Library->Media Tree.
MM 4.0.7.1511 on Win XP SP3
Media on D-Link DNS-323 NAS box, shared using SAMBA/CIFS
Sizzly

Post by Sizzly »

MeMeMe is correct on both counts. You can modify any of the collections to display only the types of files you desire (I removed the classical music from my Music Collection 'cause I didn't want them in there. I also use MM to manage all the audio clips and loops for music/sound production I do so I didn't want WAVs of snare drum hits to clutter my displays).

You're also going to need gold. But it's totally worth it 'cause you also get Auto Organize and advanced auto playlists. A bargain at twice the price.

When you navigate to the spot ME me Me mentioned you'll want to highlight the collection you want to modify and then click the edit icon (it kinda looks like a price tag beneath the pane that lists all of the collections).

You can also get there from File > Manage Collections
Rob
DJ Sizzly
http://djsizzly.com
deadpeoplestuff

Post by deadpeoplestuff »

Guys - thanks!

I have the Gold version - figured if a job was worth doing and all that - as I'm really getting into 'near field' listening and streaming...totally agree about the cost...Im loving these wav downloads...
Sizzly

Post by Sizzly »

Groovy. Then you shouldn't have any issue modifying the "Music Collection" to only include the tracks of your choice (or exclude those you don't want in there).
Rob
DJ Sizzly
http://djsizzly.com