Can Mediamonkey stream music via wifi?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Jome

Can Mediamonkey stream music via wifi?

Post by Jome » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi, I have a question I've been searching for, but haven't found what I'm looking for.

In the living room, I have an laptop, with only 60GB SSD, so there's not enough room for my music collection.
In the bedroom, I have a stationary PC with 80-90GB music.

Is there any way I can use Mediamonkey on the laptop to stream the music located on my stationary PC?
I want to connect the laptop to the home cinema in the living room and stream the music located on the stationary PC through the laptop.

I've tried "Media sharing" in MM, but can't get it to work.. :(

dcsandoz

Re: Can Mediamonkey stream music via wifi?

Post by dcsandoz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Ditto to the question... I would simply like to use a mapped network drive to build a library and sync an iPod if I want to. I don't care if network issues will get in the way, I usally just fix those if they pop up.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:50 pm

Solution 1: Share the music folder itself over the network and scan it in MediaMonkey (File > Add/Rescan Files) on any computer you want.

Solution 2: Use Media Sharing by enabling Media Sharing on the PC you have the music and access this in the Media Sharing node of the other PC (make sure Firewall allows MediaMonkey through). This method allows you to share your music with any DLNA/UPnP device (like TV's, game consoles, stereos, Blu Ray players, smartphones, tablets, etc).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Jome

Post by Jome » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:16 pm

Sounds good, I will try this.. thanks for the help! 8)