Major Issues in installing MM on new PC

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

kazadharri

Major Issues in installing MM on new PC

Post by kazadharri » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:14 pm

I am having major issues with getting MM working on a new PC. At the beginning of the month I had a power supply go out and take out the motherboard of my OLD PC, so I got a new one and attempted to reinstall MM but I have ran into a whole issue of problems.

The OLD system was set up as follows:
PC running win XP, with the MM4 verison 4.0.7.1511
All MM4 files were in the MM4 folder as normal, except the database and the actual mp3 files were on a NAS storage device. This setup had been working great for the last 5 years.

The path to the files and Dbase were hard coded in the MM.INI file
I did have a backup of the files made using TRIXMOTO from 12/11/2012.

When I setup the new computer, running Win 7, I did a normal install it seemed to install OK but had no database, files, scripts etc., at least not my old Dbase. It did do a scan and found all my music and created a new basic DBase but with no past information etc.

New computer is runinng win 7, and I reinstalled 4.0.7.1511. Nothing else with the network, NAS etc. has changed.

So I went ahead and restored from the restore script, and it seemed to work. The scripts are moved, and the INI file is the the old one but this is when all the issues started.

When I try to launch the program I get a database is malformed error. If I click "cancel" the program exits, if I click "Ignore" it seems to go on and gives a PODCAST error message, and then a another Script error. But finally seems to load the dbase up. But if I try to play a song or really do anything the program seems to freeze and I get the MM is not responding on the title bar. And if a song does play it gets to the end, and then just seems to replay the last 30 seconds of the song forever. I then have to terminate the program with Task Manager to get it to stop.

Please help.

Also I really don't need the help of just run with a new database, I have over 6 years of playcounts, rating, playlists and other history involved. I am also not a programmer so having me trying to run a whole bunch of SQL quearies will also not be helpful.

/Jeff

nohitter151

Re: Major Issues in installing MM on new PC

Post by nohitter151 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:54 pm

I'm sorry, but database is malformed error messages mean your database is corrupt:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=78
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.