How do I remove a song from a playlist?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jgt1942

How do I remove a song from a playlist?

Post by jgt1942 »

How do I remove a song from a playlist? If I select the song in the playlist and press the delete key, I get a popup with 3 option s(1) Remove fro Now Playing only (2) Delete from now playing and the lib (3) delete from now playing, the lib, and the computer. I just want to remove it from the playlist so the next time I select the playlist it is not included. I don't see "Now Playing" and Playlist as being the same thing.
dtsig

Re: How do I remove a song from a playlist?

Post by dtsig »

In my MM (using newest beta but should be similar) I did the following ..

Expanded Playlists
Opened Samsung G3
Seleted a song to remove (3 Doors Down - Train)
Right Clicked and selected remove.

At this point i got the popup as show with 'Remove from Playlist Only' selected.

I then cancelled out of that and hit the delete key and got the same popup with same messages.

Are you sure you have selected one of the songs of a selected playlist? It sounds like something in your 'Now Playing' is selected

Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
jgt1942

Post by jgt1942 »

AH - it seems to be in the beta. I have 4.0.7.1511
How do I download the beta? I've looked but cannot find it.
jgt1942

Post by jgt1942 »

Or perhaps I'm approaching it wrong. When I'm playing a playlist, I right-clicked on the song - this is where I expected to be able to remove it from the playlist and play now. Perhaps this is a feature request.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I just tried this on my standard 4.0.7.1511 and get the same results ... so it appears to be working correctly in the base version.

I should have tried this on that version as that is what you were using.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Now playing is a playlist,
The songs are kept in the library and mm will save the normal playlists in his mmdb file.
He saves only the rules to make the auto lists in his mmdb file.
So having the options of where to delete them from is normal as there are different ways the list is saved.

To delete it from the playlist so the next time you select the play list that song doesnt show up you must be in the listview section when you click on the song, all editing of the normal playlists is done in the listview section. You get there by selecting the playlist name in the tree
node for playlists,
You can not remove songs from the auto list because there is no songs in the auto list just rules you must change the rules of the auto lists to make it not include a song / songs when it is played.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Hmm .. i got from his original post he was trying to remove a song from a playlist when he said " ... How do I remove a song from a playlist ...".

I'm probably not smart enough to follow what you said since i never got deleting form 'Now Playing' or auto playlists. I'll simply bow out
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

No need to bow out there dtsig i just said alittle more info to try and head off another question at the pass. 8)

Your image is dead on of where to select the song from in the listview area.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

See .. you are 5 steps ahead of me ... no wonder i am confused ... it couldn't be my age <G>
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
jgt1942

Post by jgt1942 »

OK I'm still trying to this to properly work, I finally found the darn playlist I've been creating.
I opened a playlist for 101 strings, sorted on Genre selected all of the Christmas songs, right-click and sent them to a new Playlist which I named Christmas.
I then right-clicked and I only see delete. Possibly at some time I has checked to box "In the future, do no ask me" - how do revert back to being ask? - I must have then accidentlly selected the delete action because all of the Christmas songs were removed.

I then opened the Christmas playlist and much to my surprise it is empty. So much for sending the 101 Strings Christmas songs to the Christmas playlist.

In the search box I typed Christmas, in the results section I selected all songs, right-clicked and sent them to the Christmas playlist, I then checked the Christmas playlist and now I have all my Christmas songs in this list. Yea, finally some success!
jgt1942

Post by jgt1942 »

Oh my gosh! I found the answer to "how do revert back to being ask" Tools > Options > Under General select Confirmations, then check the appropriate boxes
imagehopper

Post by imagehopper »

Cool newbie learns one before he's told. :)
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

jgt1942 wrote:Oh my gosh! I found the answer to "how do revert back to being ask" Tools > Options > Under General select Confirmations, then check the appropriate boxes
All newbie aside ... MM, although a GREAT product, has so many features and the seem to be in (to me) odd locations. It is easy to once say " hey don't ask me again " and later wonder "what the *&^". Although my bet is that all these options are "documented" I have to say that I still have a lot of problems trying/figuring out bits ... why it does this or that.

But I get it. Having been a developer for 35 years, we are not necessarily the best documenters. Where 'we' think things should be doesn't really mean it is the best place for 'users' ... especially new users. So hang in there .. even after several years use I still ask and find new things ... probably why several big things i leave to other programs. Just keep asking and we will both learn :)
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Seattlekev

Post by Seattlekev »

OK, folks, I can't believe this is an issue, but I cannot find any option for removing a song from a playlist.
In the playlist name in the tree node for playlists, I select the names of the songs I want to remove and hit "Remove". There is no option for "Remove from playlist", rather just delete from database or delete from database and drive. I'm working on a USB drive playlist. I had dumped complete albums into this list at the beginning and now I want to take some of the slack out of there. Thanx for the help in advance!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can't remove files from AutoPlaylists, only from regular Playlists as only those are file based. So make sure that the Playlist you're trying to remove files from are not AutoPlaylists.

Are you trying to remove a file from a Playlist listed in the Playlist node in the Media Tree, or are you editing files/playlists directly on the USB drive instead?