New to MM- few basic questions

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

kramermit

New to MM- few basic questions

Post by kramermit »

I have been using MediaCenter Jukebox for the past 4 years or so. Absolutely AMAZING program, best in the world by a long shot imo. (have any of you used MediaCenter Jukebox before? what do you like/dislike about it?)

However, I have been testing other programs because I would really like a feature similar to itunes "genius" or google play's "instant mix". Also, i just want to see what else is out there.
I read an article (sorry, I can't remember where) that said MM could make playlists based on your mood. I assumed that is what I was looking for so I downloaded the trial version but haven't been able to find any such feature.
Can any of you help me out? I searched for it, but no good results came up.

And I have also been wondering why the the heck MM puts links, the little 'up' arrows, to Amazon next to every field of a song (title, artist, album ect). If you have the song in MM, why in the world would you want a link to buy it? I accidentally hit them once and a while and its a little annoying. Is there some way to turn them off?
dtsig

Re: New to MM- few basic questions

Post by dtsig »

I believe you will find the 'links' in Tools->Options->Library->Appearance ... about the 6th check box
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
kramermit

Post by kramermit »

oh, cool. Got it.
thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can create Auto-Playlists based on criteria. Most tags are available as criteria including Mood. This does mean the files need to be tagged with Mood. MediaMonkey has basic smart Playlists, but not genius like where it will automagically find matching files.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)