Playlist Folder On NAS

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

JayLaFunk

Playlist Folder On NAS

Post by JayLaFunk »

Hi,

I can't get my Playlist folder containing my M3U files to show in the media tree, I have my music folder on my NAS which contains my Playlist folder, I have linked the music folder on my NAS to MM library database, it is ticked along with all my music folders in "Add/Rescan Folders" and ticked in file types "Playlists/M3U (.m3u, .m3u8)" but the folder never shows in the media tree, any help would be appreciated...

Using MM (4.07) on my Netbook and PC, windows XP machines
Lowlander

Re: Playlist Folder On NAS

Post by Lowlander »

Playlists should be available under Playlists > Imported Playlists.
JayLaFunk

Post by JayLaFunk »

Lowlander wrote:Playlists should be available under Playlists > Imported Playlists.
Cheers, Had a look there and my playlists are listed but they are empty...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That indicates that the Playlists contain paths to files that are invalid/don't exist. Files only will be shown on imported Playlists if the file paths on the Playlist point to existing/accessible files.
JayLaFunk

Post by JayLaFunk »

Lowlander wrote:That indicates that the Playlists contain paths to files that are invalid/don't exist. Files only will be shown on imported Playlists if the file paths on the Playlist point to existing/accessible files.
Yes, have found out by experimenting that the path is the problem, this is the path of one of tracks in a playlist on my NAS "W:\share\Public\04 Music\Linkin Park - (2003) Meteora\06 Linkin Park - Easier To Run.mp3" this does not play but if I change it to this in Notepad++ "W:\04 Music\Linkin Park - (2003) Meteora\06 Linkin Park - Easier To Run.mp3" it does play on my netbook/Tower PC's.

I copied the playlist folder from my NAS to my Netbook and changed the paths in Notepadd++ but it was tedious, tried to use "Export M3Us/Create Playlists" but I am not getting far, I was wanting to use this addon automatically, if I changed any tracks in my playlists through iPeng on my iPad it would do the changes automatically if I set it up to do it on startup or shutdown of "Export M3Us/Create Playlists"/options/from and to, it let's me specify a folder where "to" send them on my netbook but does not let me specify the folder on my NAS "from" where the playlists reside, there is a dropdown menu where it says imported playlists, my playlists are there but are empty because of the wrong path so nothing happens.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The following should be able to: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... port+child

(Note, when I used to use it I used UNC Paths not mapped drives)
JayLaFunk

Post by JayLaFunk »

Lowlander wrote:The following should be able to: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... port+child

(Note, when I used to use it I used UNC Paths not mapped drives)
Cheers, I have read all the 19 pages last night but think I need to give it a more in depth read as there is a lot I didn't understand :oops: :)