MM In-built lyrics puller

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

teejay

MM In-built lyrics puller

Post by teejay »

I don't know how I missed until now, but I noticed that MediaMonkey 4.1.0 standard edition has an option to pull the lyrics from the web. But, so far that I noticed, I still have to open the properties and hit OK to be able to save it to the tag. Is that correct? or if I just pull the lyrics, it will be saved automatically?

In ideal case, I would like the selected songs to pull and save the lyrics in the tag automatically. Is such thing possible.

Many thanks in advance.
nohitter151

Re: MM In-built lyrics puller

Post by nohitter151 »

There is a setting somewhere in the options to save automatically. Can't remember exactly where at the moment, but just take a look in the options.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can't auto-tag files with Lyrics, other than enabling automatic lyrics lookup and saving and then enabling the Lyrics field in the Art & Details window. After that it will automatically get the lyrics for the Now Playing or Selected file (depending on which tab is selected in the Art & Details window).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
teejay

Post by teejay »

Lowlander wrote:You can't auto-tag files with Lyrics, other than enabling automatic lyrics lookup and saving and then enabling the Lyrics field in the Art & Details window. After that it will automatically get the lyrics for the Now Playing or Selected file (depending on which tab is selected in the Art & Details window).
So if I understood correctly, I will have to save every lyrics individually by opening properties dialog box, right?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It will auto-save them when using the Art & Details window which can be set to Now Playing or Selected. However that still is a track by track process (to prevent overloading of lyrics servers).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)