MM4.1/Win8 -- import problems -- Help!

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jennylynne

MM4.1/Win8 -- import problems -- Help!

Post by jennylynne » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:59 pm

I just bought a new Win8.1 computer. I copied my music files over from my old Win7 machine where I had an older version of MM Gold running. I downloaded the most recent version of MM4.1. One of the things I did was set up a different Auto-Organize mask.

That's where things went wonky.

Unlike the previous versions, instead of renaming the folders and files, it created new folders and copied the files into the new file names. So, now I have duplicates. This makes the preexisting duplicates I was trying to get rid of doubly worse. I tried to clear the DB and run it again, so then I ended up with even more files.

I uninstalled. Did a clean re-install. Deleted the copied files and copied the files again from the other computer, but it just repeated the same problem.

On top of that, it only appears to be importing 1/2 of the files to begin with. I have less than 4000 files but only about 2000 are being imported. The files that are ignored are the same ones that are ignored every time and there are no errors.

This is not at all the behavior I expected as I am so used to how it behaved on my Win7. Is this MM4.1 or Win8? Either way, this seems useless. The Metro version has no way to manage the files, which was the benefit of MM over iTunes.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

J

Lowlander

Re: MM4.1/Win8 -- import problems -- Help!

Post by Lowlander » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:09 pm

MediaMonkey can't copy files on import. The only possible thing is that Auto-Organize (Tools > Options > Auto-Organize) is enabled and you lack rights to delete (move) files from the original location.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)