MM player display trouble

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

keith-o-rama

MM player display trouble

Post by keith-o-rama »

I have been a MM Gold user for well over a year now. About a month ago I got a new PC. With the new PC the MM player will stop (usually after a few songs) displaying bit rate, freq, stereo/mono and sometimes even not display the "progress bar", level indicators and time! The player still works fine, but the display is unusable. I assume that this is related to my new PC and video settings, but I have tried all I know and cannot get it fixed. Sometimes portions of the players level indicators show up in the MM main window!?!?!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried changing output plugins. I believe they feed the player the information.
You could also try reinstalling MM.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Josti

Post by Josti »

I'd guess it's an old/faulty Graphicdriver...

Does the non-skinned Version of MM work well?
keith-o-rama

Post by keith-o-rama »

I have tried the plug-ins, and tried all different skins and "not" skinned. I have tried all graphic driver / etc. things I can come up with. No dice. I guess I'll try a re-install. Thanks everyone!
Shane Hartman

Garbled MM Player Display

Post by Shane Hartman »

I have the same problem. The player display appears to stop after a few songs. In fact, it is "ghosted" somewhere else, usually off screen. Minimizing and restoring repairs the garbled MM player display for a few songs. And don't tell me its a bad driver. I have a radeon X850 with the latest driver. It has been doing this for three versions of the ATI driver. That's why I use winamp instead of MM player. But you should FIX it someday.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

There are several posts regarding problems with the player. I have posted several but there is very little assistance from MM about this.
It can't be an isolated problem if it is being raised by so many users all with different setups!

Below are just two threads that I am aware of, both of which have resulted in very little interest or assistance.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... highlight=

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... highlight=
jiri

Post by jiri »

The full story is that we tried to analyze the problem, but it's very problematic because it's reproducable only for some users with some setups, for most users this problem never appears. I can only ask every user having this problem to send us a detailed description of his/her system, mainly Windows version, graphic card details (type, driver version) and any related software installed (including e.g. theme used on Win XP).

In any case, the player in MM will be completely redesigned in the upcoming version 3.0 and so we suppose that the problem could be solved by this change.

Jiri
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Jiri

I have already done what you ask re, system details, in the other thread I have linked to in previous message in this thread.
However to add to those details,
NO windows themes etc - No Wallpapers or background images etc.
Win XP Home SP 2 and all latest updates
NVIDEA GForce 7900 GT Graphic Card PCI-E 256Mb
Driver: 9.1.3.1

My MM setup has the player in the default position.
I do not run any extreme software. I have no registry issues, I have up to around between 350 - 500Mb RAM available when MM is running
I don't have crashes, or lockups in normal usage.
In addidtion to scripts already described I use DFX 7.5 for WinAmp
MY Virus Protection is NOD32 and there are no Spyware on my system.
All other details are in the other thread which I have not had a response to yet!

Anything else you want?
jiri

Post by jiri »

Thanks, this is perfect, if we get such a detailed description from 5-10 users, maybe we could get some better idea of what's going on in these specific cases.

Jiri
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

To everyone that has this problem or similar to what has been described in this and other threads....

PLEASE! I want this sorted out, so to assist MM can you all post details of...

Your Hardware
Operating System
Graphic Card Type and driver version
List all MM scripts or plug-ins you are using
Advise the skin you are using, and location of the player
Give an overview of how your computer runs under normal conditions outside of MM
Are you using Themes, or do you have wallpapers loaded etc

The more info. the better.

While I am getting very sick of this issue in my MM as I am sure you all are, you must post these details to give the Guys at MM a chance to locate the problem.
jiri

Post by jiri »

It seems we have reproduced and also fixed the issue. We'll release some testing version soon, so that you all could check out whether the fix works for you.

Jiri
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

That sounds great Jiri - excellent!