Need Codec Information

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

leafinator

Need Codec Information

Post by leafinator »

I recently bought some music online. Some of the music plays with an awful static that makes them unlistenable. With that said, I've narrowed the problem down to MM as these files play flawlessly in Windows Media Player and on my phone (which ironically uses MM). I'm wondering what codec is used for MMW? The suggested codec I'm told from the support folks from the website I bought the music from is K-Lite codec pack? If I need to purchase a codec pack I have no problem with that...MM to me is worth a ton as I use it constantly! :-) Thank in advance for your help!
User since 2006, Lifetime licence owner since 2007
MMFrLife

Re: Need Codec Information

Post by MMFrLife »

What file format are having problems with?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]
leafinator

Post by leafinator »

MP3. I'm using the latest version of MM (4.1.6.1736)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I doubt it is a decoder problem (aka codec). MediaMonkey and Windows Media Player use the same decoder for mp3.

Most likely you are having an issue with improper volume leveling or an output issue. Try to disable volume leveling under the "Play" menu (uncheck it).
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
leafinator

Post by leafinator »

nohitter151 you're a genius!! It's finally fixed!!! (this has been a thorn in my side for the past week). Turning off volume leveling fixed the issue. THANK YOU!!!