full install to portable failed

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

PDoyle

full install to portable failed

Post by PDoyle »

I followed tech support's advice to install MMW4 as portable, outside of Program Files, same HD; and copied the DB (right click; copy; right click; paste) to the Portable folder installation. I enabled folder scanning; Portable then had 112 GB of files instead of 40 GB; with thousands of triplicates; which I don't want to remove, I want to do a re-install if anything. The triplicates have three different filenames; some have artist, some do not, e.g.
The original purpose was that my original full installation was done as administrator, and monkeyremote was not recognizing it; but did recognize MMW beta that opened with a single left-click.
I do have a 'back-up' of a DB file from last month; I've become confused as I moved the original full install's DB file to another folder a while back; can't remember why.
- how best to remove the portable installation I did yesterday? then re-install portable?
- Where can I find the most current DB file for my original full administrator install?
dtsig

Re: full install to portable failed

Post by dtsig »

Best way to remove the portable install is to delete the directory.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
PDoyle

Post by PDoyle »

then reinstall portable; copy the DB from the 40 GB full installation; DON'T scan the Music folders (cuz they have 112 GB of triplicates) , rather have Portable find the missing files of the 40 GB full installation DB? Will those 40 GB of tracks show up as missing?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Patrick Doyle wrote:I do have a 'back-up' of a DB file from last month; I've become confused as I moved the original full install's DB file to another folder a while back; can't remember why.
Shutdown MM and do a search in OS for MM.DB first. Look at those files' path. Go to the one that jogs your memory as where you put the backup
that confuses you. Put this one in the portable instead and see if missing data shows up.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]