Where has the title bar gone?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

terrypin

Where has the title bar gone?

Post by terrypin »

Why does MediaMonkey 4.1.14.1813 no longer have a title bar?

I use macros to increase productivity in all my applications and these depend on the active program having the standard title bar, with a name.

Is there some setting to display this please?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 4.1.29.1910 Gold, about 8000 tracks, i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
MMFrLife

Re: Where has the title bar gone?

Post by MMFrLife »

Are you talking about the top border where the MM menu is?
Can you post a screenshot?
If you get desperate you can do an interface reset: reset-mediamonkey-for-windows-interface-to-defaults
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

Thanks, appreciate that fast response.

Here's a screenshot. I'm reluctant to try setting to defaults until I know exactly what it does!

And here's the standard right click menu from any regular program title bar:

--
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I think that's it for the MM title bar. There might be a issue with what different skins show.
Also, possibly an issue with Microsoft in general or MS macros. Maybe Lowlander or devs will know something.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]
Pathduck

Post by Pathduck »

Not sure if this is something new in the latest version. I do know they changed the DPI scaling options, might be related.

But I still think the window title still should be there, available for scripting, just hidden. At least for me, on Win10 Pro x64, the old title with track number and title still shows when alt-tabbing.

By the way, my Firefox has no title bar either, just tabs at the top - it's had that option for a long time, it's something you choose in the Customize menu in FF.

So you should be able to script stuff using "MediaMonkey" as a string, although you might be doing more complex stuff...
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

Thanks Pathduck. MM's behaviour is very odd. As you say, it's still recognised by Alt+Tab. But, unlike Firefox which can be set to show the normal title bar (I've done so), MM cannot. I hope someone will tell me I'm wrong and tell me how to do it!

The immediate practical issue to me is that MM can no longer be recognised by my macro program, Macro Express Pro. For about 60 programs I have a menu that is activated by clicking the middle mouse button anywhere in that program's title bar. MM is the only one that now fails. I think since the latest update, although my use has been infrequent for the last few months, so I won't swear to that. I've therefore had to take the unwelcome step of assigning a different method of triggering that menu, a keystroke combination (which raises potential conflict issues).

I assume the same issue would arise for any scripts.

--
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Ok, so you are using an Insight Software Macros solution (not Visual Studio). Have you tried contacting Insight about the issue?
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

Why would they be able to say why MediaMonkey has no identifiable title bar?

--
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

terrypin wrote:Why does MediaMonkey 4.1.14.1813 no longer have a title bar?
It does here.

A new install on Win 7:

Skinned

Non-skinned
Chris
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

Thanks Chris, that's exactly how I used to have it on my XP PC. I assume from other replies that it's changed after Win 7 then, at least for non-skinned on Win 10 which I use? But still hoping to hear from MediaMonkey.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

terrypin wrote:Why would they be able to say why MediaMonkey has no identifiable title bar?
It wouldn't, necessarily. But Insight Software might have encountered such issues before and know how to deal with them in a less obvious
way (workaround?); just taking the exhaustive approach. The question to MM is still relevant, though. I myself would like to know why this is
and thought it a way to help keep the topic alive until the powers that be respond.

Thanks chrissjj, for confirming both skin-related manifestations with latest version of MM and Win7. But, between terrypin and myself (I get no title
border on either .exe on Win7), it appears to still be an issue on Win7 and Win10.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

> I have a menu that is activated by clicking the middle mouse button anywhere in that program's title bar.

You could try it on the MM icon that in Win 7 MM is on the title bar and which I see on the Win 10 MM is on the menu bar, left end.

Also perhaps post a screenshot including the full Win 10 MM top.
Chris
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

chrisjj wrote:> I have a menu that is activated by clicking the middle mouse button anywhere in that program's title bar.
On What OS? What menu, the standard restore, max, min., etc.? Do you have a literal middle button? I only have 7 and middle scroll button
gives that menu if that button is programmed for right click.
chrisjj wrote:You could try it on the MM icon that in Win 7 MM is on the title bar and which I see on the Win 10 MM is on the menu bar, left end.
I've tried the icon and get same menu mentioned above. Not sure how clicking the icon is relevant unless you get a menu that allows you to enable the title?
chrisjj wrote:Also perhaps post a screenshot including the full Win 10 MM top.
Full top shot will have to be done by terrypin. I only have 7. I'm waiting to see next Win..
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

MMFrLife wrote:
chrisjj wrote:> I have a menu that is activated by clicking the middle mouse button anywhere in that program's title bar.
On What OS? What menu, the standard restore, max, min., etc.? Do you have a literal middle button?

That's my quote of terrypin
MMFrLife wrote:
chrisjj wrote:You could try it on the MM icon that in Win 7 MM is on the title bar and which I see on the Win 10 MM is on the menu bar, left end.
I've tried the icon and get same menu mentioned above.
Aw.
Chris
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Sorry, I thought you must have been quoting him, but I couldn't find where it was. I see it now. Thanks.
As far as the menu, do you get a different one?