Where has the title bar gone?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

PDoyle

Re: Where has the title bar gone?

Post by PDoyle »

For the past month, the menu toolbar has not been visible. The only way I can get it appearing (Windows 10), is to restart MMW. Another skin appears, with the toolbar. So on my pc toolbar doesn't appear with some skins; does appear with others.

I don't want the skins to change upon restart; that's a new development, too.

And my Backup 6 has stopped working after working fine for several months...I've read the Backup 6 thread, changed various settings, but....

I'm also getting notice that MM.DB cannot be opened; would you like to create a new local library? maybe a restart of windows 10 will help.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

PDoyle wrote:For the past month, the menu toolbar has not been visible.
Have you tried View > something that refers to the menu at top of drop-down menu (don't have MM in front of me)?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

Wouldn't this be better in a fresh post? This thread is about the missing title bar, not the menu bar.

BTW, just before seiing your post I was previewing my own latest reply and it suddenly vanished :(

I'll redo it.
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 4.1.29.1910 Gold, about 8000 tracks, i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

chrisjj wrote:> I have a menu that is activated by clicking the middle mouse button anywhere in that program's title bar.

You could try it on the MM icon that in Win 7 MM is on the title bar and which I see on the Win 10 MM is on the menu bar, left end.

Also perhaps post a screenshot including the full Win 10 MM top.
[Second attempt to reply - the first vanished!]

Here's a full width screenshot, FWIW:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/401 ... eBar-2.jpg

Middle-clicking anywhere in my titlebar-less MM on this Win 10 PC does nothing.

I'll try including that screenshot again. First time it was sized to fit the message window width, which was unexpected.

EDIT: ... and I see that's consistent. Not that there are any elements of interest on the right anyway. :wink:

--------------------
I have at least one other major app with no titlebar, Excel 365. But a middle click in an empty part of its top area display my macro menus, as for all other programs. MM remains the exception.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/401 ... ebar-1.jpg
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 4.1.29.1910 Gold, about 8000 tracks, i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
PDoyle

Post by PDoyle »

MMFrLife wrote:
PDoyle wrote:For the past month, the menu toolbar has not been visible.
Have you tried View > something that refers to the menu at top of drop-down menu (don't have MM in front of me)?
That's the thing; there IS no 'View' to select; there are no menu commands appearing at all.
The only visible thing is the MM logo at far upper Left of screen; if you right click that, only useless options appear.
Now MM won't open at all, so I cannot send screen shot.
PDoyle

Post by PDoyle »

terrypin wrote:Wouldn't this be better in a fresh post? This thread is about the missing title bar, not the menu bar.

BTW, just before seiing your post I was previewing my own latest reply and it suddenly vanished :(

I'll redo it.
sorry, my mistake; I meant Title Bar, not Menu Bar. With my Windows 10, the Title Bar will not appear. And Without the Title Bar, I'm unable to change skins; but if MM is restarted, the skin changes (though it should not) and the Title Bar does appear.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

PDoyle wrote:I meant Title Bar, not Menu Bar. And Without the Title Bar, I'm unable to change skins; but if MM is restarted, the skin changes (though it should not) and the Title Bar does appear.
So, nothing shows at the top except MM icon symbol and you cant' get to any of the top GUI menu controls; what version of MM?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]
PDoyle

Post by PDoyle »

MMFrLife wrote:
PDoyle wrote:I meant Title Bar, not Menu Bar. And Without the Title Bar, I'm unable to change skins; but if MM is restarted, the skin changes (though it should not) and the Title Bar does appear.
So, nothing shows at the top except MM icon symbol and you cant' get to any of the top GUI menu controls; what version of MM?
After restarting Windows 10, MM starts fine; doesn't ask me to create a new local library; and is showing the Title bar. Everything seems to work; except Backup 6 which fails due to runtime vb script or something like that.

how can I attach a screenshot to show Backup settings?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »