I’m fast flagging with my efforts at tagging. Here’s the deal:
- Two identical music file locations of about 115 gb each, one on the C-drive of a PC, the other on a networked attached storage device (NAS). PC files were copied to the NAS device.
- My Win10 PC is running MediaMonkey Gold v4.1 and pointing to the music files on the C-drive.
- My Win10 laptop is running MediaMonkey Gold v4.1 and pointing to the music files on the NAS device.
- MM on the PC gives me everything I want when it comes to tagging and perfect syncing with an Android mobile phone and an iPod.
- MM on the laptop doesn’t do what I want, especially in two areas: Artists sometimes (not always) includes all the artists, not just the album artist, and star ratings aren’t picked up at all even though Windows Explorer shows the star ratings are there on the NAS.
So, how do I get the laptop MM to deliver the same tag results as the PC MM? And how do I ensure that this continues as the files on the C-drive and the NAS are amended and synced? I don’t want to fiddle with .ini or .db files – I just want to listen to my music.
Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
There is no difference between the 2 locations, but make sure you're scanning files from the File Server on the NAS and not the Media Server (DLNA). So if the 2 files are the same, the result should be the same if you have the same setting under Tools > Options > Library and files are scanned with the same version of MediaMonkey.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)