Migrating Playlists

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

tom stearns

Migrating Playlists

Post by tom stearns » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:10 am

How do I preserve my Playlists in a new installation? I've moved the .dd file andthe config file to thecorrect location in the O/S but when I do a fresh install none of the external drive information is imported. So I use Scan In to bring in all the track info from the external drive but I never get the playlists which I've constructed over 7 years of using Media Monkey. There's also a great deal of manual editing of the metadata to make it conform to the semi-"pop" orientation of Media Monkey (almost all my music is classical).

How do I keep my Playlists in a fresh install?

Lowlander

Re: Migrating Playlists

Post by Lowlander » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:03 am

It's in the database (MM.DB), which will need Paths updated after transfer to a new PC: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... w_computer
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

tom stearns

Post by tom stearns » Thu May 03, 2018 4:02 pm

Your response seems to be incorrect. I have corrected the faulty datapaths so my MMonkey Gold Library is restored but most of the playlists are empty. As I constructed every one of them to accommodate a class of music I know they were all at least partly filled before the datapath crisis.

How do I restore the playlists?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Thu May 03, 2018 4:19 pm

It's not. Playlists you see in MediaMonkey are stored in the database. If you have the old copy of the database do the procedure again. Before updating Paths make sure Folder Monitoring is disabled.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)