how can I get autoplaylist to randomly choose 2hrs of songs and THEN sort them?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Volny

how can I get autoplaylist to randomly choose 2hrs of songs and THEN sort them?

Post by Volny »

I'd like to create an auto-playlist that chooses 2 hours of songs at random, then sorts them by BPM. I feel like this should be doable, but I can't seem to do it.

These are my current settings. As you can see, once it chooses the songs randomly, it doesn't do any further sorting, and so the songs are not sorted by BPM.

If I rearrange the priority of the two sorting criteria, it does sort by BPM, but it no longer randomises the songs. The playlist will always feature the exact same set of songs (those 2hrs worth of songs that have the lowest BMP out of all 36hrs of my Ambient songs)

Volny

Re: how can I get autoplaylist to randomly choose 2hrs of songs and THEN sort them?

Post by Volny »

ok, I've found a workaround that works pretty well. The trick is to use 2 separate playlists. The first playlist randomly grabs 2hrs of music. Then the 2nd playlist takes songs from the 1st playlist and sorts them.

If anyone has a more direct method, please let me know :)

1st playlist:

2nd playlist:

rivorson

Re: how can I get autoplaylist to randomly choose 2hrs of songs and THEN sort them?

Post by rivorson »

The workaround that you have found is the only way to achieve this.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I wonder if you have tried to make same thing in MM5 (Use portable to "c:\Mediamonkey 5" just in case)?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts