Cannot Truly Remove Hotkeys

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

oldmankit

Cannot Truly Remove Hotkeys

Post by oldmankit » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:11 pm

By default MM will take F9 and send you to the albums node. It just so happens that I have an AutoHotkey script whereby F9 is my global hotkey to reduce system volume.

When I delete the F9 hotkey in MM, the hotkey is somehow eaten and AutoHotKey never sees it. The volume doesn't change.

I can set a new hotkey within MM to make F9 turn the volume down, but this is the MM player volume, not the system volume. It might sound finicky, but this is a bit annoying. I don't want to deal with two separate volume systems, one for the OS, and one for MM.

I've been working around this for a month by just switching to another window when I want to change system volume, but it's got a bit annoying now.

Is there any way that I can truly remove the F9 hotkey (and, by extension, other default hotkeys) so that other applications (such as Autohotkey) are able to receive that input, even when MM is the currently active window?

MM version 4.1.23.1881, Windows 10.

oldmankit

Re: Cannot Truly Remove Hotkeys

Post by oldmankit » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:35 pm

Solved it! I'm now running MM portable in unskinned mode, and it's working as expected. My guess is that skinning it intercepts the keystrokes but using native Windows UI does not.