Artwork - changes not saved or synced

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

NaomiM

Artwork - changes not saved or synced

Post by NaomiM » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:01 pm

I've adjusted the artwork in MMW a few times, and changes aren't being saved or synced:
- in MMW: a lot of tracks have multiple images attached. When I remove them all and add a new image, the old ones often show up again in a future MMW session, meaning I have to "clean up" my track art over and over.
- in MMA: old artwork is kept. Many tracks have only one image in MMW, but MMA has a different (old) image which I can't change.

Here are my settings:
- I sync via USB: auto-sync, all playlists are selected. I only sync from MMW to MMA (never the other direction)
- image sync setting: "Save image to tag (if possible) and file folder" (this is a fairly recent setting for me. I used to just save to the tag)

What am I missing?

Lowlander

Re: Artwork - changes not saved or synced

Post by Lowlander » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:17 pm

1) You may have scan file directories for Artwork enabled and have external Artwork being added back. This can be especially problematic if you have "poor" organization of files (files should be in their own Album folder for this to work well).
2) Which version of MMW and MMA? Take into account that MMW syncs 1 Artwork per Album to the device. So if you're not modifying the Artwork for all files on an Album (same Album value and same Album Artist value) you may not see these changes in MMA.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

NaomiM

Post by NaomiM » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:31 pm

Thanks for being so quick!

1) "scan file directories for Artwork enabled" - can I disable it? I've looked around in MMW Tools and can't see an option for that.
2) MMW 4.1.27 1897 / MMA 1.3.7.0906

Good news - I managed to solve the problem with MMA artwork not sycing up. Two things helped: deleting playlists from MMA that displayed old artwork; and rebooting my device before doing a USB sync. The sync added the playlists back and the artwork was fixed.

But old artwork is still showing up: when I did one of my syncs, artwork that had been correct on MMA reverted to an old image! (the image on MMW remained correct)

So I've figured out how to fix old artwork, but not prevent it from popping up. How can I get rid of the old art for good?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:52 pm

1) Tools > Options > Library.

Like I said, Artwork may come from a different file on the Album as MediaMonkey only syncs 1 Artwork per Album. This can cause problems when using empty Album, or the same Album name among different Albums (in which case Album Artist needs to be different between the different Albums).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Peke

Post by Peke » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:00 pm

Hi,
Additional Artwork sync issues are polished in latest MM Beta.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum