Sample Auto-Organize path

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Tippon

Sample Auto-Organize path

Post by Tippon »

I just did a quick forum search before setting up Auto-Organize in the background, and I noticed that a few of the posts were asking for help with filters / masks. I thought it might be useful to post a working filter for reference. My folder setup is

D:\Music\ with the subfolders
\Audiobooks
\Podcasts
\Sorted
\Unsorted

and my filter is

D:\Music\$if(<Type>=Audiobook,Audiobooks\<Album>\)$if(<Type>=Podcast,Podcasts\<Album>\<Date> - )$if(<Type>=Music,Sorted\<Album Artist>\<Album>\$if(<Disc#>,<Album> Disc <Disc#:2>\))<Track#:2> - <Artist> - <Title>

This tells MMW to move the files to D:\Music\, then sort into folders by type, so

$if(<Type>=Audiobook,Audiobooks\<Album>\) - says if the type is set to audiobook, move the file to the Audiobooks folder, and a subfolder with the same name as the album. e.g. D:\Music\Audiobooks\Neverwhere\

$if(<Type>=Podcast,Podcasts\<Album>\<Date> - ) - says if the type is set to podcast, move the file to the Podcasts folder, and a subfolder with the same name as the album (usually the podcast name), then start the filename with the date of the podcast. e.g. D:\Music\Podcasts\The Infinite Monkey Cage\2020-02-03

$if(<Type>=Music,Sorted\<Album Artist>\<Album>\$if(<Disc#>,<Album> Disc <Disc#:2>\)) - says if the type is set to music, move the file to the Sorted folder, and a subfolder with the same name as the album artist, then album, and if there's a disc number, another subfolder with the same name as the album disc xx, with two digits. e.g. D:\Music\Sorted\Aerosmith\Young Lust- The Aerosmith Anthology\Young Lust- The Aerosmith Anthology Disc 01.

<Track#:2> - <Artist> - <Title> - says that all the files will be renamed with a two digit track number, a hyphen, the artist name, another hyphen, and the track name. e.g. 07 - Aerosmith - Angel

So the examples above would be
Audiobook - D:\Music\Audiobooks\Alice Through The Looking Glass\01 - Lewis Carroll - Alice Through The Looking Glass
Podcast - D:\Music\Podcasts\The Infinite Monkey Cage\2020-02-03 - 00 - BBC Radio 4 - Fire
Music - D:\Music\Sorted\Babyshambles\Down in Albion\14 - Babyshambles - Loyalty Song
Music with multiple discs - D:\Music\Sorted\Aerosmith\Young Lust- The Aerosmith Anthology\Young Lust- The Aerosmith Anthology Disc 01\07 - Aerosmith - Angel

For music, I use Album Artist so that compilation albums are accounted for e.g. D:\Music\Sorted\Various Artists\Legends\09 - Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky.

Hopefully this will be helpful for someone. If you'e got any suggestions or other tips, feel free to post them here :)
Peke

Re: Sample Auto-Organize path

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This mask is both simple and yet working for most cases, I actually tried it as a sync profile mask and it is making file browsing on device easier).

Nicely done!
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts