feedb

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

seawind

feedb

Post by seawind »

Great Product. One problem however and this pretains to feedb - no matter what I do or try feedb won't function - I insert a CD and it says it cannot connect to feedb ? I am not behind a firewall and I am using MM 2.1 and Windows XP Home edition, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.......

seawind
jiri

Post by jiri »

You can try to set the protocol from CDDBP to HTTP in the options dialog, or change the server used there. Otherwise Freedb should work well if your connection allows to use it.

Jiri
seawind

feedb #2

Post by seawind »

Thanks for the reply. I assume the feedb.feedb.org is the correct server, when I inster a CD I get the following error. socket error # 11001 and I have tried http and cddbp options.....

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Cheers,
Seawind
jiri

Post by jiri »

Then it's probably something in your internet configuration, aren't you behind a proxy? If so, you can go to 'Tools\Internet Options\Connections\LAN settings' in IE and copy proxy settings to MM. Btw, the correct address for the main freedb server is freedb.freedb.org.

Jiri
seawind

feedb #3 - Solved

Post by seawind »

Jiri,
Thanks alot for your help. Problem solved - guess I should learn how to spell ! It ended up being the freedb vs feedb issue....lol

Thanks again.
Seawind (Patrick)