WHY DO 2 MUSIC FILES HIGHLIGHT AT SAME TIME......

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

maxx420

WHY DO 2 MUSIC FILES HIGHLIGHT AT SAME TIME......

Post by maxx420 »

When i try to play a track/song from my music files,..... in the NOW PLAYING list the track is listed 3 or 4 times and also at least 2 of the tracks are highlighted............

ALSO i just recently moved ALL my music from C-drive and an Exturnal Hard Drive(2Tb) to a 2nd exturnal hard drive (MEMO 3TB) Path(F:)...............but i still have tracks that say the Path is (C:) drive....what is going on??? should i just delete the data base and start over????
Lowlander

Re: WHY DO 2 MUSIC FILES HIGHLIGHT AT SAME TIME......

Post by Lowlander »

When moving drives see: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... w_computer

In the Now Playing only 1 file should highlight. Which version of MediaMonkey are you using (Help > About) and does this persist after you remove all files from the Now Playing and add files back?
maxx420

Post by maxx420 »

I HAVE VERSION 4.1.31.1919....AND I TRYED DOING WHAT YOU MENTIONED BY remove all files from the Now Playing and add files back....AND THAT SEEMED TO WORK THANKS.... :D :D :D
maxx420

2 tracks get highlighted when i pick only one......WHY ???

Post by maxx420 »

after i click on my Music tab from the Media Tree on the left , i then pick what track i want to hear from the main window and the track gets highlighted but sometimes the one right above it or below also gets highlighted......WHY???? had the same thing happen in my Now Playing list on the right ... but someone told me to clear out all the track in that field/window so i did and that corrected my issue ........
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That indicates that you likely have duplicate entries for the same file in the Library. Removing 1 of the copies from the library only should fix that.
maxx420

Post by maxx420 »

yeah i figured that . but the problem is when i go through them....let say i have 5 copy's of a track , sometimes i can delete 4 and keep one...so befor i delete any i listen to them individually to see if one sounds better......when i chou's one 2 will be highlight , and sometimes out of the 5 copy's 3 can be deleted but not the 2 that were highlighted...if i delete one goes with it and i lose a track.....it's like ther are connected , i cant play a track with out ther being a copy of it....and if i delete one the other one delete also......connected......only word i can think of...........
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You need to remove from Library only, not from the computer.
maxx420

Post by maxx420 »

ok, are you sure of that ??? so what do i do?? open MM and instead of choosing music tab in the Media Tree choose the Entire Liberty tab and delete from there???
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can duplicates from where ever you see them, just make sure as they're duplicates of the same file, that you select to delete from Library only. (any already deleted files should be in the Recycling Bin)

There are also some tools to help find duplicates: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ow-to-fix/
maxx420

Post by maxx420 »

ok , so let me be clear as to what i;'m going to do .....

I will open MM and go to the Media Tree and click Entire Library tab
then under the Library tab (expended ) i will go down to the Files To Edit tab
from there i will click on Duplicate Titles or Duplicate Content tab ????
If i click on Duplicate Content all if the track are numbers and tells me how many copies i have.
also if i see the same track listed with 7 copy's and then the next one listed is the same track name but has 8 copy's what should i do ???

sorry to be so specific......but it just cause i'm not that computer knowledgeable

thanks for your patience
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Verify Paths to make sure you're dealing with the same file (those will all turn bold when 1 Library copy is played). For those where they have the same Path remove all but one copy from Library only.

Where duplicates have different Paths you can remove all but those copies you want to keep (they could be from different Albums). Here you can remove duplicates from both Library and Computer as long as you're leaving a copy.

Take your time and make sure you're leaving the correct copies.