Exclude Music library for scan

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

niochorio

Exclude Music library for scan

Post by niochorio »

I would like to scan only two folders on my hard drive as I do not use the Music Library except for work in progress. I have un-ticked it but it still shows up on the list for scanning. I have cleared the library and re-started and it still scans the Music library. Am I doing something wrong?? I'm new to Media Monkey ... great program! Just this initial confusion. Thanks!
Image I have tried to include a screenshot but it does not seem to copy in between the brackets
Lowlander

Re: Exclude Music library for scan

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey will only scan what is selected to be scanned in the Add/Rescan Files dialog (either manual scan or Folder Monitoring): https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ibrary/4.0

Deselecting folder(s) from scanning does not remove them from the MediaMonkey Library. You can use the Music > Location node to remove folders from the MediaMonkey Library.

The My Computer node always shows all files on your PC, it doesn't represent what's in the MediaMonkey Library.
niochorio

Post by niochorio »

Thanks ... I think I have found this under Add/Rescan > Options > Media Tree and I have unticked all except "My Computer" but it still scans the Music Library. Then I unticked "My Computer" and re-scanned but nothing was found. Perhaps I looked in the wrong location. Could not find Music > Location. Sorry!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Selecting/Unselecting has no influence on scanning or what's in the MediaMonkey Library.

Music > Location is in the Media Tree just like My Computer and can be enabled (if it isn't there) in the same place as My Computer (File > Manage Collections).
gmbseoxx

Post by gmbseoxx »

It would be great if we had the ability to exclude certain Libraries (ie. Music) from automatic library scans.
niochorio

Post by niochorio »

Thanks very much ... very clear and everything okay! :D
Happy Easter! Ours here in Greece is coming in four weeks.