Unavaible Files bug ?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

martinpz97

Unavaible Files bug ?

Post by martinpz97 »

Hello, i moved all my media that was on portable hard, also i moved all my MediaMonkey settings to my new PC. And i find some problem, even after i relocate the new place of all my music some of my music files are still unavaible. But they are in the disk. If i go to the disk and click it, don't have problem.

When i see info about the unavaible song it's shows me this.
G:\(the place)\001. Nickelback - How You Remind Me.mp3

But they are actually on
E:\(the place)\001. Nickelback - How You Remind Me.mp3

I have really much unavaible songs. Even when i use Locate Moved and Missing Files, they again become unavaible. The first time i use it i find much songs, and they got added to my music. But some of them just don't. No idea how to fix this or maybe i make something mistake?
Lowlander

Re: Unavaible Files bug ?

Post by Lowlander »

This can help fix it when you move files to a new drive: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63823&hilit=update+location
martinpz97

Post by martinpz97 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:58 am This can help fix it when you move files to a new drive: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63823&hilit=update+location
First thanks!
I download the script and installed it but, i can't find the script usage how to use it.. I don't find anything in script secrtion or scripts menu. Can you help me witch this? Because don't find any help in the download site.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Usage is explained in the first post, if you do have questions about how to use then you can ask in that forum thread and the author will help: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63823&hilit=update+location
martinpz97

Post by martinpz97 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:54 pm Usage is explained in the first post, if you do have questions about how to use then you can ask in that forum thread and the author will help: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63823&hilit=update+location
I just restarted MediaMonkey like 4 times and was fixed. Just i don't see the script in the menu but now i see it. I will try it now. :)

ps.
Thanks you soo much, i try to fix this like 2 months and nothing happen. Really soo much thanks! ^_^
martinpz97

Post by martinpz97 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:54 pm Usage is explained in the first post, if you do have questions about how to use then you can ask in that forum thread and the author will help: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63823&hilit=update+location
Hello mate, after using the script i see these days i got soo much dublicates of some files, they are in same place and same name. Just got it 2 times in my library.
The option for dublicate files is checked but don't remove the dublicates. I don't got dublicates of all my files i got dublicates of 30% from my music.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That means you scanned the files in the "new" location before you fixed the "old" files' location. You could sort on Added and remove the recently added files as those would be from the scan, whereas the older Added date would be the fixed old files.
martinpz97

Post by martinpz97 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:16 pm That means you scanned the files in the "new" location before you fixed the "old" files' location. You could sort on Added and remove the recently added files as those would be from the scan, whereas the older Added date would be the fixed old files.
How i can make it witch all, because i can't do it manual witch 3000 and more tracks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Use the Addon to change this for all the files.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... driveID.29
martinpz97

Post by martinpz97 »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:29 pm Use the Addon to change this for all the files.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... driveID.29
Thanks you soo much again! Just this is soo much thing to do and, i just deleted the all data of my music and now i am scanning it. Just will be nice if MediaMoney add these addons and plugins into the Installer, because will be more easy for all.
Thanks again for soo much help buddy!