showing images(art) while playing tracks

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

astro46

showing images(art) while playing tracks

Post by astro46 »

I have a collection of tracks (album). I added .jpg (photo of cover) to the collection. Problem is I can't find a way to show the art in a readable form while playing the tracks. there is a small pic of cover which isn't big enough to be readable, or i can make a large, essentially full screen of the cover, which then covers the tracks.
How can I simply show the art in a large enough window on screen with the track list.

And... many albums, digitized from cassette, require two jpg's to show the whole cover, front and back. how to show both, or move from one to the other easily without using a collection of clicks?
astro46

Re: showing images(art) while playing tracks

Post by astro46 »

perhaps no one else has been able to figure this out either., hence no responses.

let me ask what may be a simpler question. can mm display art in other than jpg format? i have some in docx and pdf, which mm4 won't accept. making a pdf of several photos is easy and takes less space than jpg's .

mm4 can't handle pdf?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

astro46 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:52 pm I have a collection of tracks (album). I added .jpg (photo of cover) to the collection.
You added .jpg to the collection by saving it to each file?
...yes to .jpg, maybe .png, no to .pdf.
astro46 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:52 pmProblem is I can't find a way to show the art in a readable form while playing the tracks.
Do you just want them to show in Art & Details panel as they play from track to track?
[upper left border of MM > View > Art & Details > select 'Now Playing tab']
astro46 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:52 pm there is a small pic of cover which isn't big enough to be readable, or i can make a large, essentially full screen of the cover, which then covers the tracks. How can I simply show the art in a large enough window on screen with the track list.
Are you displaying above mentioned view and still not seeing art? You can make it full screen by double clicking that view panel. How small are you talking, 100x100 or smaller? Typically you would want a minimum of 500x500. 1000x1000 is probably
more what you would want.
astro46 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:52 pmAnd... many albums, digitized from cassette, require two jpg's to show the whole cover, front and back.
It requires it or that is just the way you want it/have it. MM4 can't display more than one pic at a time. No slideshow, no left or right arrows to manually move images along. The only thing with MM4 is to right click Art View panel and choose various pics you have saved to files.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey doesn't support PDF or DOCx for images.

You can move the Art & Details window places and resize it to fit your needs.
astro46

Post by astro46 »

I figured out to use the art and details window to show cover art. that is where i found it too small to read. and yes, one at a time. switching between covers was cumbersome. so I created a pdf page with both front and back covers. but now find that mm4 won't use pdf's.

i tried to get the art and details pane to show at same time as the track titles, unsuccessfully

I haven't looked to see what the sizes the pics are.

is mm5 different re method of showing the art?
formats that it will work with?
showing two jpgs simultaneously?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's the same in MediaMonkey 5, but the Playing node can now show Artwork as well.

This (for MM4) may be something that helps: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... info+panel
astro46

Post by astro46 »

I see that cover art can appear in right side window in mm5. I can command it to open "full size" .

Seems that definition is not as good in mm5, where the text of this jpg is too blurry to read. while the same text, same size , in mm4 is readable.

also, can't seem to move the full size window around, so that it isn't blocking all detail. I can't see what track is playing, or any other info.