[SOLVED] Remove/Clear Hotkeys?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MMFrLife

[SOLVED] Remove/Clear Hotkeys?

Post by MMFrLife »

I was never much of a hotkeys person, but I've been remapping some of them now for an add-on, so:

Can default hotkeys be removed/cleared from the MM.ini or some related file in one fell swoop?
it seems 'removal by replacement' is the only way to do it from the interface?

While in Hotkey options, it seems you have to remove them by replacing them with something else.
Then, when you want to use the replacement one later, you have to replace it again. I'm sure
I'm missing something simple.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
๐Ÿ˜œ
MMFrLife

Re: Remove/Clear Hotkeys?

Post by MMFrLife »

I'm gonna chalk this one up to being overlooked.
I can see others not knowing the answer to it, but it
should be extremely easy for a dev to answer or a moderator
to ask a dev.

It shouldn't need to be clarified, but just in case the
way I wrote it is a little confusing, here is the basic idea again:

Can default hotkeys be removed/cleared from the MM.ini or some related file?
With the options interface, it seems you can only type something in place of what
is already there to clear the previous entry. Am I missing something
simple? Or, can it be done somehow with minor alteration/difficulty/consequences?

Thanks
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
๐Ÿ˜œ
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
you can delete Hotkeys, but you need to have at least one as if all are missing then MM recreate defaults thinking that hotkeys setting is corrupted.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Thanks Peke!

Yes, I was missing something simple. I wasn't seeing the simple 'just highlight entire line and press delete'
But I'm glad I didn't figure it out, because it is also good to know that you have to have at least one (I likely
would have deleted them all). I can gladly live with that, as it will give me a plethora of options for the
addon I'm using them for.

Thanks again!
๐Ÿ˜œ