Playing tracks with MMW changes them(?) and they redownload to MMA

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

SpaceModulator

Playing tracks with MMW changes them(?) and they redownload to MMA

Post by SpaceModulator »

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold
MMA 1.4.4.0951 Pro

I've got a few playlists that I have synced between MMW and MMA. Any tracks played in MMW from the synced playlist are reconverted and downloaded to MMA again when I sync it next. Simply playing them causes this, not changing the metadata or renaming or moving them.

I've gone through the options in MMW and turned off anything I thought might be causing the tracks to be changed and then being converted and downloaded again. Things like looking up artwork or lyrics, attaching artwork to tags etc. I've unchecked "modify timestamp when updating tags" unsure if that would help, even if the tags weren't being modified.

EDIT: I should add that I'm using MMA on a Sony Xperia 1 and I'm syncing over wifi
Lowlander

Re: Playing tracks with MMW changes them(?) and they redownload to MMA

Post by Lowlander »

Check out this discussion on this: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=98860
SpaceModulator

Post by SpaceModulator »

So I should analyze the volume of my library and check the "Level Volume" box in MMA? I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly. I didn't previously have a mismatch there, I hadn't analyzed the volume of my library and I didn't have "Level Volume" checked in MMA. Thanks.
SpaceModulator

Post by SpaceModulator »

I started analyzing the volume of my library but thought better of it and started analyzing the synced playlists. Anything that has been analyzed needs to reconvert/redownload, which would make all the sense in the world to me, if I had used any of these options with the initial sync. I never chose to "Level volume when synchronizing" in MMW and I didn't check "Level Volume" in MMA.

If analyzing my entire library means that future syncs will be less problematic, that's great. Then I'm reliant on that particular installation of MMW or any backups I make of it? Analizing the volume of multiple terrabytes more than once sounds like a bummer.

I'm not assuming I understand what is going on or why. I'm hazarding a guesstimate.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't know if MediaMonkey 5 works better in this regard, but it's worth upgrading for Syncing purposes.

If you have specific scenarios where files unexpectently re-sync with MediaMonkey please report it. A debug log (step 4b) can also be helpful with this: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
SpaceModulator

Post by SpaceModulator »

I would love to make the jump to MM 5 but I'm unfortunately rather reliant on some of the extensions and apps like MediaMonkey Remote on mobile, Discogs Tagger extension et cetera. I do check in on MM5 semi-regularly though and I was thinking about it earlier.

I'll look into the link and getting a debug log for a report. Thanks.
JimboX

Post by JimboX »

MediaMonkey Remote on mobile
Same here, but with the release of MM5 finally I jumed...