Show playlist(s) for all displayed tracks

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Cogit8r

Show playlist(s) for all displayed tracks

Post by Cogit8r »

I know a track's playlists can be seen on the Classification tab of its Properties, but is there a way of showing the playlists it belongs to in the main pane? This would be useful in the following situations in particular:
  1. I sync to mobile devices using playlists exclusively, so it would be useful to be able to scan down the entire music library to spot which tracks are not currently on any playlist
  2. When editing duplicate content, it would be of value when an item is selected to see which, if any, of the duplicates are assigned to a playlist(s); this would influence the decision regarding which one(s) to delete and/or whether to edit the playlist(s) 'membership' of the one that is 'kept'
In the first scenario, it is completely impractical to drill down into Classification for each of thousands of tracks in the Library; in the second, once the Properties dialogue is closed the playlist assignment(s) can no longer be seen and is very easily forgotten.

I appreciate that, with the Properties dialogue open, the tracks can be stepped through with the Alt-Right key combo to display the playlists of each successive track, but this is still not as useful as seeing playlist membership in a column or columns of the main view, for all the tracks in that view.
MMW 4.1.28.1905
Gold license since 2010
Windows 10 Pro
Lowlander

Re: Show playlist(s) for all displayed tracks

Post by Lowlander »

Cogit8r

Re: Show playlist(s) for all displayed tracks

Post by Cogit8r »

Thanks for that reply. Actually, I was hoping this behaviour was available natively in MMW (I'm surprised if it isn't, as I would've thought this functionality is a no-brainer to provide) , since I prefer to avoid extensions, scripting, and the like; nothing wrong with them in principle, just that maintaining/housekeeping my software and devices seems to get more involved, year on year, so I'm striving to keep things (relatively) simple.
MMW 4.1.28.1905
Gold license since 2010
Windows 10 Pro