Why do album covers appear on their own after a few seconds?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

pintree3

Why do album covers appear on their own after a few seconds?

Post by pintree3 »

I think it's been about 6 months or so (MM pro 4.1.31.1919) that while on a file with no album cover, after a few seconds, a cover will appear. However, if you go to Properties/Artwork no cover is there. I assume MM is taking one from the web somewhere. I find this annoying since often it is wrong or of poor quality. How do I stop MM from doing this? I'd rather add my own cover.
AlanH

Re: Why do album covers appear on their own after a few seconds?

Post by AlanH »

Try Tools/ Options/ Library/ Metadata Lookup. It has an option to auto lookup artwork
pintree3

Post by pintree3 »

@AlanH Aha! Bingo.Thanks a lot buddy. That was it. I noticed that the option to keep the artwork was also there but it never did so. Anyhow, it's unchecked now. :-)
(I wonder if you can help me with my other question_ posted a few minutes before this one)
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

Im glad that got it sorted for you. re your other question im just a humble user theres plenty on here with much more knowledge than me but i would be checking in Tools/ options/ library/ Tags and playlists and see what your have it set to save the artwork to, i prefer to just save to folder. Also are you tagging the complete album in one go
pintree3

Post by pintree3 »

AlanH wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:03 pm Im glad that got it sorted for you. re your other question im just a humble user theres plenty on here with much more knowledge than me but i would be checking in Tools/ options/ library/ Tags and playlists and see what your have it set to save the artwork to, i prefer to just save to folder. Also are you tagging the complete album in one go
Thanks tried all 3 choices and it doesn't work a guy did reply and said ape files can't store alnum covers and he seems to be right.