Sync Playlists With Plex

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

sean

Sync Playlists With Plex

Post by sean »

Hey guys,

I've used MM for many, many years to keep my library organized and up to date. Nothing can rival MM in this regard.

However, nowadays, I mostly listen to my music via Plex, either on my TV sound system at home, or my phone while I'm on the go.

Both MM and my Plex server draw on the same files. When I update tags or add new music with MM, Plex notices and updates or adds them to its library as well — which is super handy.

The only thing I wish I could do — and this is my question — is sync playlists. I can manually export playlists from MM and import them into Plex with various tools. But it's tedious. And sometimes I want to add/modify playlists in Plex and have those changes reflected in MM.

Can anyone think of a clever way to set up a 2-way sync between playlists in MM and in Plex?
zkyevolved

Re: Sync Playlists With Plex

Post by zkyevolved »

Hello. Have you figured out a way to do this yet? I would love to use mm to sync my playlists to sync to Plex and keep my updated lists.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no way to link the 2. You can automate export from MediaMonkey, but there is no method to get changes back into MediaMonkey.
sean

Post by sean »

:cry:
zkyevolved

Post by zkyevolved »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:25 pm There is no way to link the 2. You can automate export from MediaMonkey, but there is no method to get changes back into MediaMonkey.
Sadly the plug-in doesn't work with MM5.
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

Soundiiz and tunemymusic are two programs that facilitate the transfer of playlists between services. Whether they work with MM and/or Plex I do not know.