Is It Possible To Use The Aero Theme Of Windows 7 On My Windows 10?

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

Williamralph

Is It Possible To Use The Aero Theme Of Windows 7 On My Windows 10?

Post by Williamralph »

Hello everyone. I really like the Windows Aero theme. At one time I used the Aero theme on my Windows 7 computer, but after upgrading to Windows 10 Operating System, I can't get it back. Is it possible to bring it back in any way? Any help It will be appreciated.
Werewolfhero

Re: Is It Possible To Use The Aero Theme Of Windows 7 On My Windows 10?

Post by Werewolfhero »

There is a program that emulates the transparency effect called Aero Glass, And there are themes you can get from places like Deviant Art to make Windows look like other systems, but those usually require patching the UXTheme files. And there are other more indepth themes also from places such as DA that can go steps further by making the File Windows Look Like XP, Vista, 7, or other systems.

Know that you do so at your own risk, and should you proceed, make sure you use the correct patch(s) for your specific build of windows (what you currently use, not what you want it to look like) should you proceed.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Have you tried TaskbaX Configurator?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
Williamralph

Post by Williamralph »

Werewolfhero wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:00 pm There is a program that emulates the transparency effect called Aero Glass, And there are themes you can get from places like Deviant Art to make Windows look like other systems, but those usually require patching the UXTheme files. And there are other more indepth themes also from places such as DA that can go steps further by making the File Windows Look Like XP, Vista, 7, or other systems.

Know that you do so at your own risk, and should you proceed, make sure you use the correct patch(s) for your specific build of windows (what you currently use, not what you want it to look like) should you proceed.
I was trying to avoid using third-party applications for changing the theme. I found a post on Google yesterday and they have provided a registry solution. But, I am terrified of editing anything in the registry. What are your thoughts on this, whether it is safe to do?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If it is clearly described, there is no harm in editing Registry. Can you post link what you have found and I'll be glad to give you an opinion.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum