Vinyl To MP3

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

KorkyKat

Vinyl To MP3

Post by KorkyKat »

Okay, no problem knowing what to do regards recording for I have the original set of the "Cruisin' " Series - best thing the Americans ever produced! and will convert them to digital.

I am going to record it all as one track - impossible to cut between the ads and anyway it would spoil the original atmosphere. How then can I get the artists' information on to the mp3 file? I know I can get the title and the name of the d.j. but is there anyway to add the tracks other than in the comment box?

Cheers.

Eyal

Re: Vinyl To MP3

Post by Eyal »

You just have to create a cue file. Using mp3DirectCut it's easy to do it.
Afterwards, using Cue Reader script in MM, all tracks will be displayed with links pointing to each "track" inside the cue.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
KorkyKat

Post by KorkyKat »

Many Thanks Eyal I'll look into it.

Appreciated.

:)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

ah just use audacity to record them in to the computer then use its powerful editor to cut the commericals out of the album and split the tracks. then you can name them normal

i think all Hank william Sr albums are the best that came out of american record factorys. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
KorkyKat

Post by KorkyKat »

I'd like to Keith but it would be near to impossible because they are all recordings of live radio stations. They are the definite of what radio should be. I love the covers because they tell a continuing story.

I agree with you about Hank Williams and you can also add Woody Guthrie.

Take Care.

:)