Switching to Linux?

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

ilayda

Switching to Linux?

Post by ilayda »

I am growing tired of Vista and am exploring new avenues for my OS. Linux has come up, but I know little about it. Obviously I can search for dedicated forums and such, but as MM is my most important piece of software... Is it possible to use MM on linux (or via another program) and if so, what distribution would be best for this?
smmgoal
Lowlander

Re: Switching to Linux?

Post by Lowlander »

Wine is the common way to run Windows programs. MediaMonkey 5 is expected to at some point run natively on Linux (MAC OS support is planned before this though).
drakinite

Re: Switching to Linux?

Post by drakinite »

Btw, comment on WINE support for MM5: Chromium applications have huge issues running on WINE, so after testing for a bit, we decided to not pursue getting it to work on there. However, in the meantime before we get native Linux support on MM5, a decent number of users have had success with MM4 on WINE. https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... n&iId=5519
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.