MM isn't synching music to iPod

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Kevinsky

MM isn't synching music to iPod

Post by Kevinsky »

I have a classic iPod model: MC297LL, with current software v. 2.0.4, using MM 4.1.31.1919 (had also tried MM 5.0). I am a paid lifetime Media Monkey subscriber.
I have been synching this iPod regularly over several years & various versions of MM without problem, but suddenly the songs synched by MM are not readable on the iPod. The 'About' shows the memory is being used by 'Other', and the listing shows No Music, No Songs, and when I check on iTunes it says the files on the iPod cannot be read, and a factory reset is needed.
I have done multiple factory resets of the iPod, downloaded & installed iPhone Sync Plug-in 15.0, followed the instructions on the 'Tracks / Metadata Synced to an Apple Device are lost' post from Oct 20, 2020 to no avail.
While in MM, if I select my iPod as the source, I can see tracks on its music list, and play from it with MM, but nothing is available from the iPod when disconnected from MM.
Please help.
Lowlander

Re: MM isn't synching music to iPod

Post by Lowlander »

You can use the d_ipod.dll from here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 619#c66232 to fix this issue in MediaMonkey 4 (till it's released on the Addons site). For MediaMonkey 5 the fix will be included in the next release of MediaMonkey 5.0.2.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Updated iPod Sync Plugin for MM4 is released and can be downloaded from here https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... nc-plugin/
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Kevinsky

Post by Kevinsky »

Thank you for your responsiveness, however the new plugin isn't working for me.
I did a factory restore from iTunes, deselected the auto connection, and selected manual selection of music to sync, applied the changes to my iPod, then closed iTunes.
With my iPod disconnected, I opened MM4, deleted the old iPod device profile, then chose import device options and chose the downloaded plugin.
This error message was generated: "Problem with copying file C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Plugins\d_iPod.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Plugins\org.d_iPod.dll" I tried hitting the Retry button a couple of times, then chose Ignore and received a message that the update had been successfully installed.
I chose the option to delete other files and playlists from the device, and to auto-convert all formats, hit 'Apply' then 'Auto-Sync'.
After synching, the songs showed up on my iPod within MM, and I could play from the iPod within MM, but when I ejected, the iPod still shows no music and no songs, with the corresponding memory used allocated to Other.
Is there something in the process that I am missing?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Plugin is locked make sure that no iPods are connected while you install plugin.

You can also Delete any files that contain d_ipod in its name from MM plugins folder?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Kevinsky

Post by Kevinsky »

I had not had the iPod connected when I previously tried installing the updated driver.
This time, I deleted the old d_ipod.dll file from the plugins folder.
After doing so, I reinstalled the updated driver, got the same error message, then after choosing ignore got the successful install message.
This time the sync seems to be working. It would appear that deleting the old file from the plugins folder was the key.

Thank you again for your help.
Jonathan Poletti

Post by Jonathan Poletti »

I was having the same problem. Thank you for posting the updated d_iPod.dll file. It resolved the issue for me. Very, very much appreciated.
Bobby1969

Post by Bobby1969 »

I had the same problem, and it was a simple solution for me. The background: When my 7th generation Classic ipod (160 gb) was connected to MediaMonkey, it showed the songs were on my ipod, and I could play them from my ipod while connected to MM. But when I disconnected my ipod, all the songs showed in "Other" rather than "Audio" and I couldn't play the songs. I reset the ipod to factory settings (using iTunes), sent 5 songs from MM to my ipod, and had the same problem. Next, and this fixed the problem, I updated MM from version 4 to version 5. I then sent 5 songs from MM to my ipod and it worked liked its supposed to. When i disconnected the ipod, the 5 songs were showing in "Audio" and I could play the songs. I then sent all remaining songs from MM to the ipod and everything is right with the world again. Looks like updating MM to version 5 is what fixed it. I'm using an HP Laptop 17 and Windows 11 Home edition. Good luck everyone.