[MM2-4] Syncing Ratings from/to Sansa/Rockbox

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Griffccif

Tell me about SansaMonkey

Post by Griffccif »

Thanks to Enno, I now have SansaMonkey (SM) working, but I'm new enough to all this I need a little instruction. I've looked all around to see if I could find SM help but haven't found much. I use my Sansa e270 for music and podcasts. I use Happyfish (HF) as my podcaster (RSS reader) to automatically save my selected podcasts to a podcast directory as they become available. HF is working to put the podcasts into the selected directory, but I would like to delete the ones I've listed to on my player. I understand Rockbox has a counter included but I'm so new to this stuff, I'm a little nervous setting that up, yet. I have heard that after listening to a podcast I can rate it a 1 star, letting me know that I've heard it and can delete it.
So How do I setup SM with playlist or whatever so I can have the latest podcasts loaded and the 1 star rated ones deleted?
How does SM work with MedeaMonkey (MM)? In SM do I do things in order of the tabs (Export to MM, Import from MM). I would think on the 'Export Ratings to MM' tab I would want to check the 'update ratings' and I guess the 'Overwrite Ratings' also.
I'm a little embarrassed having to ask these questions when everyone else seems to understand how to work SM. If anyone could please show me a thread, help file or just explain to me what the process is for using SM and MM to keep the updated music and podcasts on my player.
Thanks so much for any help
Dave Griffith
Sansa e270
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Dave,

please don't install Rockbox if you think that it's to much for you, you could of course brick your Sansa.

What you could do is sync your Podcasts to your Sansa, play them there and rate them with one star. Then you connect you Sansa with your PC and import the ratings into MediaMonkey via [x] Update Ratings and "Read Ratings". Then your Ratings within MediaMonkey should also have 1 Star. If you now configure your Sync-Options in MediaMonkey correctly, you could make MediaMonkey to sync only podcasts with 0 stars to your sansa and delete all the rest. But with that configuration I can't help you more. I'm not working that way since I don't listen to podcasts.
Griffccif

Post by Griffccif »

Thanks Enno again for your help. All that makes since and I appreciate you taking the time to help. So, doing the things the way I am, do I not need to use the 'Import Ratings from MM' since I have my songs and podcasts rated on the Sansa?

I found the options withing MM but can't quite figure out which setting to set to only sync podcasts with 0 stars and delete all the rest, but I will keep looking. I'm sure there are several that do the podcast thing.
Dave Griffith
Sansa e270
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Griffccif wrote:So, doing the things the way I am, do I not need to use the 'Import Ratings from MM' since I have my songs and podcasts rated on the Sansa?
Right. "Import Ratings from MM" only sync's Ratings you have in MediaMonkey and want to have on your Sansa too.
I'm sure you'll find a solution for what yoiu want ;-)

Post by Guest »

You are a genius! I was bummed to find Rockbox did not support ratings but now, voila! :) I'm ecstatic to have found this program!
g_flash

Post by g_flash »

Hi,
sorry made some tests, it is not working with v2 :(
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Thanks Guest ;)

support for the Sansa e200 v2 will be hopefully implemented within the next week
g_flash

Post by g_flash »

great :D
g_flash

Post by g_flash »

hi,
weißt du schon wenn du einen update für den v2 machen kannst ?
danke
g_flash
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

No, I can't, sorry.
At the moment I can read out the Titles, Track#s, Artists, Albums and Paths, but I can't find the Ratings anywhere. I don't know if it's not possible with the v2 or if I have wrong Test-Files.
I'll post if I have found a way.
brown

Post by brown »

Has anyone had any difficulty downloading sansamonkey? When I try, I get this error message - Spam Code fehler oder abgelaufen! - and I'm redirected back to the original page. I ran that through a translator and it says Spam code error or run off!, which makes no sense to me. Any thoughts on what I'm screwing up and need to do differently.

Thanks,
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Which Browser do you use and do you accept Cookies?
Brown

Post by Brown »

I'm using IE 7. I dropped my browser secruity settings to the lowest, set it to accept all cookies, allowed pop ups and turned off my virus protection. No luck. I still get the same message.
g_flash

Post by g_flash »

Hi,
does someone knows a tool which works with the new V2 Sansa Player, where I can synch the sons with rating ?
I made my ratings on the sansa player and like to update my PC database.
Many thanks
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

v2-User:
I still havent found where the ratings are stored on the player. If anyone finds out, I would be really happy if you let me know. Thanks