[MM2-4] Syncing Ratings from/to Sansa/Rockbox

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

ulrich

Post by ulrich »

Hello,

im not an e280 user. But I have the new sansa view. And maybe the v2 works the same way.
If I synchronize my view in MTP mode the ratings and the playcount is synched back from the view to MM. Maybe this works also with the v2 players.
If this doesn't work with the e280 v2 I think you have to read the information from your player using the windows media device manager kit (dont know the correct name).

In MFT mode the only problem I have found is that the "Track Properties Change" notification isnt fired :(

HTH

Ulrich
g_flash

Post by g_flash »

hi,
sorry, this is not working for the v2 players
does soemone has an idea ?
Thanks
BerniPi

Post by BerniPi »

hi,
i've tried sansamonkey with rockbox and syncing ratings works great. but the playcounts aren't submitted. Runtime database is activated and the played songs are shown in rockbox as played. but in sansamonkey all counts are 0. Maybe the structure of the database has changed? I didn't find an old enough build of rockbox to test.

Berni
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Works for me. Sent you a PM.
DA MAGG

I need help

Post by DA MAGG »

Could someone explain to me in steps on how to get into this MSC mode (dont know if i said that right) so i could put music/pics/movies on it and i couldnt see it going through "my computer" it says its connect and everything

I have the Sansa View(I believe thats what its called 16GB sansa) if that makes any difference. but i dont think they would change it up..

I know its probably something easy that im missing but i need your help :D
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

@DA MAGG
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/sh ... hp?t=21421

This Thread is a Sansa-Thread ;) (as long as the View isn't supported by Rockbox)
leonturbo

Post by leonturbo »

Is it possible to use SansaMonkey for other players with installed Rockbox like Iriver H120?

I tried it, but I got a message: "Bereichsfehler"

Thanks
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

hmm, it should be possible, but I haven't checked it.
If I have some time the next days ...
leonturbo

Post by leonturbo »

I would be glad to help you testing with my device.
altj

Sansa 2280 playlist question - how do you make it work

Post by altj »

Hi. I love the concept of your program. Right now I only need it to make playlists. Long-term I'd love to rate music too but am taking one step at a time. I have a sansa e280 v.1, don't use Rockbox, always use MSC mode, & never have tried using an SD card (yet). I use Vista in administrator mode.

Can you give a step-by-step on how you create a playlist using the music already on your sansa using both playlists created in your program and playlists converted from .m3u's? Using your program I can access music on the sansa, create a playlist and get the playlist to show on the player :). I also can convert a playlist made in MM using music from the sansa and then have your program convert the .m3u to a .pla.

The problem is the data within the playlists shows up as 2 empty rows and then one row with lots of squares. It happens with the playlist created within the sansamonkey program and the playlist converted from .m3u's. What do I need to do differently? (sorry for the length of the post by the way)
shayguitarra

iPod compatability.

Post by shayguitarra »

Hi there,

A question that hopefully someone could answer.
I am running rockbox on a first gen iPod nano. I originally raised the issue here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 663#151663.

I have now installed Sansamonkey and it recognises my iPod :D .
It updates the ratings from MM on my iPod. However it does not update the playcounts.

Now, I know that SM was not written for the iPod so I am not expecting miracles. But I was wondering if anyone has been using SM/Rockbox successfully with an iPod and what they did/what workarounds they used.

Also, can anyone tell me if when updating playcounts it should also update the last played info as well?

Thanks for any input.[/url]
Mon1018

Re: [MM2+3] Syncing Ratings from/to SanDisk Sansa/Rockbox

Post by Mon1018 »

I got the information.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the info.
Very nice entry! :lol: :D
BryanKitts

Post by BryanKitts »

For what it's worth, it looks like the 7287 patch for Rockbox changes the database structure so SansaMonkey doesn't work. This patch isn't in the official Rockbox release but was recently added to the branch I've been using (Kugel's branch).

I'm not suggesting that it's worth updating SansaMonkey, but I thought it was useful information for SansaMonkey users. Looks like I'm going to have to switch back to the official Rockbox build for now (or learn how to compile my own custom Rockbox build without that patch).

Bryan
Hillshum

Post by Hillshum »

If it helps, here is a copy of the file with the database on an e200v2.
http://ti0ada.blu.livefilestore.com/y1p ... S?download

Only a few of the songs are rated, I will start rating them again and then upload a better copy...
to heck with ipods
kingeryck

Post by kingeryck »

I have my player plugged in in MSC mode, and when I run Sansa Monkey and select the drive, it shows nothing and the READ SANSA button is greyed out.

Also, MM shows that I have no music when connected this way.