[MM2-4] Syncing Ratings from/to Sansa/Rockbox

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Doctor Ebola

syncing Rating to CLIP?

Post by Doctor Ebola »

Hi,

I have unsuccesfully tried to use SansaMonkey to export the ratings from my Sansa Clip to my PC. I think the problem is that \SYSTEM\DATA\PP5000.DAT does not existed in the clip in msc mode.

Media Monkey is to stupid to import the ratings! It will show them on the Clip, but it will not updated my library :(
DickDiver

Re: [MM2+3] Syncing Ratings from/to SanDisk Sansa/Rockbox

Post by DickDiver »

Thanks alot for this ' addon ' !

My be we need a wiki.
Joe Dell Dell
BucketHead

Post by BucketHead »

Thanks for the reply to my post about downloading sansamonkey. However, the site you provided another link to no longer has the file, I just get a message "Spam Code fehler oder abgelaufen! My German is rusty but I think this means "spam code failure or expired"
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

I have re-downloaded it successfully and it works, so it must be something on your side.
BTW You can switch to English at the top of the download side.
JBDive

Re: Media Monkey not running

Post by JBDive »

vphreeze wrote:
onkel_enno wrote:SansaMonkey checkes if Mediamonkey.exe is running as a Process (or MediaMonkey_Debug.exe). Please check you Task-Manager if that's the case.
i think i found the problem. under Options > Appearence > Skin, i had the option Override Skin theme with Windows System theme (requires restart) checked, so that it would use no theme at all. this caused the process MediaMonkey (non-skinned).exe to be running instead. i am ok with using a skin for now, but is there any way to fix this?

now when i run it, i get the message Sever execution failed.
The only way I can get SansaMonkey to run is to switch to (non-skinned) mode for Media Monkey. The reaosn it appears is when I run Media Monkey it is listed as "Mediam~2.exe". This however doesn't always seem to be the case as I just ran it to test again and this time it appears as MediaMonkey.exe

I'm also not sure this is working correctly with the latest builds of .Rockbox which are able to support USB transfers. Now with Rockbox you can use those SDHC cards and sync to both internal and SDHC cards. Still trying to get my head around MediaMonkey and SansaMonkey as I have been using Sansaplaylister, another third party tool, to copy music and create playlist.
BryanKitts

Post by BryanKitts »

Unfortunately it looks like the latest Rockbox release 3.2 has changed the database format so SansaMonkey no longer works (all the titles and artists are blank when I try it).
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Have you already re-downloaded it?
I updated SansaMonkey some days ago.
BryanKitts

Post by BryanKitts »

Sorry, I'm being stupid - I just looked at the end of the thread and forgot you can update the original post.

I've downloaded the new version now and it works perfectly. Thanks very much for continuing to support this tool - it makes my Sansa much more useful.
Nonamys

Post by Nonamys »

I am desperately searching for a way to get last played date (not just play count) from my Rockbox'd iPod (Gen5 30 GB) into MediaMonkey. I'm finding lots of forum posts on various sites asking the same question - but no answers. Tell me... is there some magic juju dance I can do to make this work??

I've played around with SansaMonkey, but I'm not having much luck. If I'm asking a repeated question, can you point me to where it's answered? (I've been reading through this thread, but haven't found anything definitive yet...)

You will be my favorite hero ever if you can solve this conundrum for me!!

Thanks!
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

I've already searched for that too, without success.
If you find it anywhere in then Rockbox Sourcecode or in the Rockbox tagcache (database) let me know and I'll include it.
DickDiver

Post by DickDiver »

Hello

I use the latest MM and SansaMonkey 0.3.1.0 and got a Sansa Fuze.

When I follow the routine I got the Sansa Fuze drive letter in SansaMonkey. I then press the READ button and then I receive an error message :(

It is saying: RANGE CHECK ERROR

Please help me how to recover and get rid of this error.

Thanks alot!
Joe Dell Dell
ShortYute

Post by ShortYute »

I keep on getting a "out of memory" error msg. Hlp plz.
DickDiver

Post by DickDiver »

Is this still working since I have not received any answer on my error message here.
Or are people in this forum no more friendly to people with problems? :)
Joe Dell Dell
BryanKitts

Post by BryanKitts »

ShortYute wrote:I keep on getting a "out of memory" error msg. Hlp plz.
I've also got this a couple of times. Specifically:
  • There's no obvious cause e.g. it doesn't occur immediately after updating Rockbox
  • The error appears almost instantly when clicking Read Sansa (Sansa-to-Mediamonkey, update ratings)
  • Each time it happened the only fix is to initialise the database again (losing any recent ratings)
  • The most recent time I was using a 'latest build' of Rockbox rather than the latest release (for the USB support - makes updating so much easier). Not sure what version I was on the first time it happened
If it happens again I'll try running it under a debugger to see if there's any more info visible (call stack symbols etc.) and I'll take a copy of the database.

Post by Guest »

I have a Sansa m250 MP3 Player. Although this device shows connected, I cannot transfer music to the MP3.
I'm using windows internet explorer with XP. I have synced the devic but still no luck.