Odd problem with ipod and sync

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Slwro_child

Odd problem with ipod and sync

Post by Slwro_child »

Hey guys, I've been using Media Monkey to sync with my ipod ever since I got my first ipod almost two years ago, and it has always worked great.

now I have a new ipod video 80gig.
It sync'd correctly the first time, including every playlist, so I reformated and told MM not to sync every playlist but a few auto one's that I like.

I'm not sure how, or when things went sour but whenever I try to sync my ipod vid with MM it just syncs what I have highlighted. Like If I am viewing an album it will sync that album. If I have one track selected it will sync that track. If I will view every song on MM through all artist, then it copies everything to my ipod expect for the playlist. But then when I add new CDS to my collection and use the all artist way, it wants to re-copy everything again.

Its annoying, espically considering things used to work perfectly.

I've gone through all the differnt options in MM as far device sync goes. I have like 4 different ipods listed and I've gone through all of them and made sure that sync entire lib is selected for all of them.

I'm might try uninstalling MM and reinstalling MM to see if that helps any, but if it doesn't then I will need some help from you guys.

Thanks!
Slwro_child

Post by Slwro_child »

hmm I might have found a way, if I right click on my ipod on the nav plane on the left then hit auto-sync it seems to work. i'll keep you guys posted.
Slwro_child

Post by Slwro_child »

never mind right clicking on the ipod on the left nav plane works great, as opposed to the button on the toolbar. Even syncs the rating from the ipod to the computer.