How to use Mediamonkey to sync with the Zune [A Guide]

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: How to use Mediamonkey to sync with the Zune [A Guide]

Post by nohitter151 »

muzika wrote:I used the Zalternator and everything seems to go smoothly.. It switches to generic wpd and is detected by mediamonkey

but when I try syncing songs to my zune it shows the songs syncing at the bottom of mediamonkey, yet when I check the zune the music is not their. Also when I try and delete something from the zune, again nothing happens.

HELP please!:o I've got so many media players installed just for syncing devices.. hoping I could at least knock the zune off the list.
I suggest you clear the Zune using the Zune software and then try syncing again, making sure you follow the guide in the wiki.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
muzika

Post by muzika »

didn't help... ugh why does nothing work for me with mediamonkey lately :cry:
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Yes :D , another breakthrough. I finally discovered how you can stop MM from re-copying every single track each time you sync with the Zune. See the wiki for details, specifically here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... figuration

EDIT: Also, I know a new firmware has been released for the Zune. I'm hesitant to try it because I don't want to break the process that currently works with zAlternator, but if you try the new firmware out, please let me know. Otherwise, I will find out myself eventually :wink:

drewbie

Post by drewbie »

SO when will the new 3.0 firmware be supported , I find it odd that media monkey will sync something as proprietary as apples ipod and not something more open like microsofts zune. If windows media player syncs it shouldn't media monkey arent they both similar apps.
anyway let us know when i can sync my new zune to my monkey library.

For anyone looking for confirmation you can not sync a firmware 3.0 zune with media monkey.
Perhaps if the firmware could be rolled back.

I am hoping that the developers of media monkey will begin to realize that their customer base uses their product and others that do
not conform with the status quo. Hopefully media monkey will support the new zune soon.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

drewbie wrote:SO when will the new 3.0 firmware be supported , I find it odd that media monkey will sync something as proprietary as apples ipod and not something more open like microsofts zune.
You shouldn't find it odd as there is NO other media player that can sync with the Zune (microsoft has done an excellent job of locking other apps out of the Zune sync process).
If windows media player syncs it shouldn't media monkey arent they both similar apps.
anyway let us know when i can sync my new zune to my monkey library.
Actually WMP doesn't sync with the Zune.
For anyone looking for confirmation you can not sync a firmware 3.0 zune with media monkey.
Perhaps if the firmware could be rolled back.

I am hoping that the developers of media monkey will begin to realize that their customer base uses their product and others that do
not conform with the status quo. Hopefully media monkey will support the new zune soon.
Don't hold your breath. Microsoft has protected the Zune in quite a complex way and no one (not any other media syncing program) has figured out how to circumvent the protection.

MamaBlue

Post by MamaBlue »

All of the links on your Wiki page are not working now. They send you to random sites.... :( :( :(
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MamaBlue wrote:All of the links on your Wiki page are not working now. They send you to random sites.... :( :( :(
This hack does not work anymore, Zune has blocked it completely with the newer devices and new firmware.