iPhone/iPod Touch 2.0 Firmware

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: iPhone/iPod Touch 2.0 Firmware

Post by nohitter151 »

Iphone 1st Gen wrote:I forgot to add that i have firmware 2.0 on my iPhone. Again, it is unlocked and jailbroken.

Dave
Are you sure it isn't just that you're inside or don't have some interference? I have the exact same specs as you (iPhone 1st gen, version 2.1 firmware, unlocked and jailbroken, synced with MM). Everything is fine, including cell phone signal. I don't think MM could change anything relating to cell phone signal anyway.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
1st Gen iPhone

Post by 1st Gen iPhone »

I was sitting at my desk where I always get full signal. I waited for three hours (thought maybe it could be a temporary network outage) and never get a signal. So, I got the newest winpwn and upgraded my device to the 2.1 firmware (that is the difference between your phone and mine. I had these problems and had 2.0 software and not 2.1like you).Immediately after the upgrade I had full signal again. I'll try a sync again this evening. BEGINNING OF ITUNES RANT :D ---> Hopefully I have more luck this time because using iTunes is ruining my iPhone experience. I'm amazed that they can justify forcing me to use such a shoddy piece of software. I could rant for hours about what sucks on iTunes. The ONLY thing in its favor is Genius. BEGINNING OF OFF-TOPIC RAMBLING :D --> I hope MM has an alternative. It's a nice feature for large collections (50,000 - 100,000+ tracks) that lets you discover new tracks that were forgotten.

Dave
fadattf

Post by fadattf »

First of all thanks for that great piece of software!

I think there is a small problem when trying to save an album cover to an mp3 that is stored on an Ipod toch/I-phone (tagging an cover to a mp3 on the local drive works).
It seems not to work.

It also seems that after trying to save the artwork to an mp3 (stored on the ipod) it can happen (happened with one file) that it mixes the cover with the cover of another file. So the saved cover is on the top half from one album and on the bottom half of the other album (I've made some screenshots of it - but can't download them from my touch right now).

I've tried it with the latest RC (3.0.6.1189 - RC1) and an Ipod Touch 2.
fadattf

Post by fadattf »

Another bug I found using the 3.0.6.1189 - RC1 version.

Trying to delete files on the Ipod touch does work, but media monkey hangs up.
E.g. I try to delete 10 songs. I'll mark them and right click "delete" - there comes a conformation box - "Yes" -> MM says goodbye.

Conformation Box stays on the screen - "Yes"-Button keeps in the onClick state - Cursor shows me the "wait" symbol. Taskmanager says MM is not responding.

I've to kill MM - BUT the songs are deleted from the ipod.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

fadattf wrote:Another bug I found using the 3.0.6.1189 - RC1 version.

Trying to delete files on the Ipod touch does work, but media monkey hangs up.
E.g. I try to delete 10 songs. I'll mark them and right click "delete" - there comes a conformation box - "Yes" -> MM says goodbye.

Conformation Box stays on the screen - "Yes"-Button keeps in the onClick state - Cursor shows me the "wait" symbol. Taskmanager says MM is not responding.

Please don't double post.

hansi54

Post by hansi54 »

fadattf wrote:Another bug I found using the 3.0.6.1189 - RC1 version.
I can confirm this happens also on my Installation (MediaMonkey_3.0.6.1188_beta, iPhone v2.1)

Greez
Hansi
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Please direct all iPhone/iPod touch reports to the Beta Testing Forum.