iPhone/iPod Touch 2.0 Firmware

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

msfeinstein

Re: iPhone/iPod Touch 2.0 Firmware

Post by msfeinstein »

blinkfink182 wrote:
Milka wrote:Hello,
just installed 1188 version, but there seems to be no difference ... after connecting iPod Touch it's not found in MM and I can see iPod's content nor synchronize anything...

Any idea or hint?

Thanks a lot!
Milka
Milka: I had the same problem because I had previously used my iPhone in MM and had the corruption issue. I had to format and restore my iPhone before MM would detect it, but it works flawlessly now. Thanks MM Devs!!!
I've done a restore prior to attempting a sync with MM (3.0.6.1188) and continue to end up with a corrupted iPhone (same behavior as previous MM versions). Are you saying that I need to do a complete re-format, then restore it and then sync with MM to make this work?

I was thinking that the corruption had something to do with filling the iPhone to capacity (I have the box checked to sync a random subset of a playlist up to the device capacity), although that's just a guess. I haven't yet tried it with a smaller set of music (I am traveling and wont be able to do so for a few days). Any thoughts you can provide in the interim would be welcomed.
MonkeyBone

Post by MonkeyBone »

blinkfink182 wrote:
just installed 1188 version, but there seems to be no difference ... after connecting iPod Touch it's not found in MM and I can see iPod's content nor synchronize anything...

Any idea or hint?

Thanks a lot!
Milka
Milka: I had the same problem because I had previously used my iPhone in MM and had the corruption issue. I had to format and restore my iPhone before MM would detect it, but it works flawlessly now. Thanks MM Devs!!!
Hello! :)

Just want to doublecheck this situation.. I don't know yet, but I may have done the same thing as Mika, ..but I've not tested it yet.. Let's say it's all messed up on my iPod too... How do you format and restore it? I've jailbreaked my version.. do I have to do that procedure all over again? Do I have to use iTunes?

Thanks!
[AMD Athlon 64 FX-60] . [Hiper Type-R 580W] . [Western Digital Raptor X] . [Lian Li PC777B]
[Hightech Excalibur Radeon x1900xtx 512 MB] . [OCZ EB DDR PC-4000 2 GB Pl.Ed. Dual Channel]
[DFI Lanparty UT RDX200 CF-DR] . [Creative SB X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS] . [DELL UltrasSharp 2405 FPW 24"]
3DMark05 : 11043 . 3DMark06 : 5856 . (a non-clocked system) . AudioScrobbler . Xfire . YMDb
kool aid

Post by kool aid »

MonkeyBone wrote:
blinkfink182 wrote:

Any idea or hint?

Thanks a lot!
Milka
Hello! :)

Just want to doublecheck this situation.. I don't know yet, but I may have done the same thing as Mika, ..but I've not tested it yet.. Let's say it's all messed up on my iPod too... How do you format and restore it? I've jailbreaked my version.. do I have to do that procedure all over again? Do I have to use iTunes?

Thanks!

I can't give much help except my experience, but I hope that it helps. I also have a jailbroken 3g (2.1) and just installed the beta version and it is working great. The only kink I had was I accidentally opened MediaMonkey while itunes was open and had to uninstall and reinstall itunes to get it to sync my contact, but that's minor. I haven't tried it again after opening and using MediaMonkey however (but if it's just an itunes reinstall, i'm not worried).
cedman

Post by cedman »

I also have a problem:
With MM I'm only syncing music - addresses/calendar I sync with itunes (MacOSX). Now I have the problem that when I sync with iTunes, it always deletes all the music - is there a solution or a workaround for this?
I can only uncheck "Sync music", there is no other option...

/edit: stupid me! check the box "manually manage music and videos" in iTunes - problem solved!
bygottski

Post by bygottski »

Awesome! Great work guys. Going gold!
Back to Loving MM

Post by Back to Loving MM »

I must admit, I had my doubts, but holy shit dudes...THANK YOU. I was going nuts having to use iTunes again and made me realize just how bad that software is.
funkymonkey81au

Post by funkymonkey81au »

Just installed the Beta Version (3.0.6.1188) and sync'ed up to my jailbroken iPhone 3G 2.1 and it works 100%. Brilliant! I could kiss you guys.

Good work lads... stick it to the Man... er... fruit.
mingus

Post by mingus »

My Touch 2.1 is not seen so far. Does iTunes need to be installed? Fresh install of XP here - didn't want to bother with it if possible.

----------------------------------------------------------

After problems with hiss on my 1st gen Touch, I sent it to Apple for repair, they checked it and sent back saying it was "within spec.." It will never be usable for serious listening, only as an podcast machine for the car.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

mingus wrote:My Touch 2.1 is not seen so far. Does iTunes need to be installed? Fresh install of XP here - didn't want to bother with it if possible.

----------------------------------------------------------

After problems with hiss on my 1st gen Touch, I sent it to Apple for repair, they checked it and sent back saying it was "within spec.." It will never be usable for serious listening, only as an podcast machine for the car.
Yes, Itunes is required.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
hansi54

Post by hansi54 »

Thank YOU very much, just synced 800 titles!

Any idea, howto etc. transfering FLAC lossless to the bananaPhone?

GreeZ
H
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

hansi54 wrote: Any idea, howto etc. transfering FLAC lossless to the bananaPhone?

GreeZ
H
bananaPhone????
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
hansi54

Post by hansi54 »

like bananSoftware = it ripens at the customer ;-)
Gogz

Post by Gogz »

"...I have to say it was a good day..."
Cheers Lads ;)
Iphone 1st Gen

Post by Iphone 1st Gen »

Hello All,

I just downloaded and installed the MM Beta 3.0.6.1189. I have a first generation iPhone that is jailbroken and UNLOCKED. I ran MM and added one album to my phone. It synced without problem and I played it. I also opened iTunes (after completely closing MM) and checked my device there. Everything fine. My problem is that since I synced my iPhone I have no cellular signal. I've soft reset the phone twice but still no signal. It seems as though the phone isn't unlocked anymore, otherwise I would be getting a signal. What's going on?

Thanks,

Dave
Iphone 1st Gen

Post by Iphone 1st Gen »

I forgot to add that i have firmware 2.0 on my iPhone. Again, it is unlocked and jailbroken.

Dave