Creative Zen 32gb "Insufficient Space"

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

ModoX

Creative Zen 32gb "Insufficient Space"

Post by ModoX »

Hi, I've been having the same problem quite a few people seem to have had with the Zens, that the more I sync it, the more duplicate tracks I get. My collection is actually 5062 songs and the player had ended up with over 5500. As an aside, is there actually a fix for this?

Anyway, one possible solution I'd read on here was to format the player, which I did. However, on trying to sync everything back on, it keeps coming up with a dialog box saying "Insufficient space available", I'm trying to move 17.8gb onto a 32gb device, and this was only about 500 songs in, but it just keeps popping the message up no matter how many times I click ignore.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.
nynaevelan

Re: Creative Zen 32gb "Insufficient Space"

Post by nynaevelan »

Are you sure when you formatted, that the format completed. Use the System--Information option on the Zen to see how much space it says is used. Also, do you have any videos or other files on the Zen??

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
ModoX

Post by ModoX »

Hi, yeah the format completed, the player was reporting the right number of songs, and MM is accurately reporting the amount of free space. Although now it isn't coming up with the insufficient space message, it just blasts through the sync as though all the songs are already on there but doesn't actually add any.

I long for the good old days when it was just a matter of moving files onto the player.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I just checked mine and you are right there are lots of duplicates listed. (Crap means I will have to reformat and start over, which is a PITA because I have videos and pictures which I have to keep loading) I never checked it before because I have not reached capacity yet. Which version of MM are you using to sync your player?

Also, do you run into the problem which I do most times, the player will shut down in the middle of the sync, so you have to kill it in order to start over?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
ModoX

Post by ModoX »

I'm on MM 3.0.6.1190 apparently. I'm nowhere near capacity either, I just notice every so often when I stumble across an album or playlist that has the same song in it twice. Although I noticed this time that in one case it had actually duplicated an entire album. I find it bizarre that it can manage this, because if you go to the player in explorer you'll find two files with exactly the same filename, I'm not sure how it's possible.

I'd never had that problem, funnily enough, until the past week. But yeah, now I do. It seems to quite often hang in the middle, the screen will be lit, sort of, but black. It requires a reset (and waiting through that looooong rebuilding process) to try again.

It hasn't hung since I formatted, and I've been slowly building up the amount of tracks for it to sync, already I'm up to 1360 and the player is reporting it has 1370 tracks. I think these duplicates are something I'll just have to live with.