Getting "duplicate track" errors, then "handle is invalid" ?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

bmilner

Getting "duplicate track" errors, then "handle is invalid" ?

Post by bmilner »

Somehow I got myself into a state where every sync to my iPod 160GB model causes the following:

1. Ratings correctly transfer from iPod to MM
2. MM throws a strange dialog (see screenshot) about "duplicate tracks detected" and asking me to confirm if I want to add them to a (blank) playlist. The actual track name is a blank field.
3. Closing this dialog causes redraw issues (see screenshot) and throws an "handle is invalid" error.
4. Step #3 is a loop. Closing dialog just causes it to re-appear.
5. Device never syncs.

What on EARTH could be causing this? Corrupt DB somehow? Rebooting didn't help.
Sys Info:
* Win Vista 64-bit
* MM v. 3.0.6 (build 1190)

Any ideas? I really don't want to have to wipe my data base and start all over again...

Brandon
bmilner

Re: Getting "duplicate track" errors, then "handle is invalid" ?

Post by bmilner »

Hmmm, upgrading to the latest Debug build 3.0.7.1191 (was going to file a bug) seems to have fixed the problem.
Weird.
bmilner

Post by bmilner »

And it looks like it's back I get the error, and clicking cancel a hundred times does nothing. Media Monkey will just keep throwing the error over and over until it crashes.
I'm using 3.2.0.1294. Any ideas! I hate this!
bmilner

Post by bmilner »

And it looks like it's back I get the error, and clicking cancel a hundred times does nothing. Media Monkey will just keep throwing the error over and over until it crashes.
I'm using 3.2.0.1294. Any ideas! I hate this!

Oh, and rebooting doesn't fix the issue.
bmilner

Post by bmilner »

One more bit of info:
1. I get the duplicate track error if I merely click on my Ipod in the tree on the left. That is, merely accessing the ipod at all (instead only with syncing) will throw the error.
2. Thinking it meant my DB was corrupt on my device, I upgraded iTunes from 9.0 to 9.1, then launched iTunes. It saw the iPod correctly (with all my music). I transferred ONE track manually in iTunes, then relaunched Media Monkey... problem fixed.

However, I crashed MM after that first post-fix sync, and now my iPod is only seen as a Mass Storage Device. Unplugging/replugging doesn't fix. Restarting MM doesn't mix.
Restarting my PC doesn't help either. Grrrr!
brandobean

Re: Getting "duplicate track" errors, then "handle is invali

Post by brandobean »

Argh! This issue is back again! All I have to do is plugin my iPod and then click it to browse it from mediamoney and it will start looping with the blank duplicate track(s) detected error dialog boxes. I don't even have to sync. Has anyone else seen the problem or is it just me!? If I wipe my ipod and start over (which I really don't want to do because I have a LOT of track rating to sync back from the device to Media Monkey) then it will work for a while... but it keeps coming back.

Help!?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

It's almost like you have a hotkey pressed to add a track to a playlist or something. A debug log might show where the problem is stemming from.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
bmilner

Post by bmilner »

I was able to fix the problem again by transferring ONE track to my device in iTunes, then relaunching MM. There is something MM is doing to mangle the database I guess...
Sorry I wasn't able to generate a log before I fixed it.