iPhone 3.0

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Re: iPhone 3.0

Post by Guest »

Paul-B_UK wrote:If it is like the update to version 2.0 firmware it could take months to reverse engineer. Remember Apple don't want you to use anything but iTunes so don't publish the mechanisms for synchronisation.

I am a little surprised not to see a Forum Sticky on the official stance of MM with version 3.0 firmware

Paul
I'm also a bit surprised not to see at *least* a forum sticky on the official situation report for compatibility. Yeah, the software has a useful error dialog telling the story...but, communicating that "we're working on it" might help a few people out too. Not everyone just gives up when they see an error dialog... :D
Brahma

Post by Brahma »

Yeah, so why is it illegal across the globe for Microsoft to include a browser in their OS, where ANY other browser can also be installed, but I am forced to use ONLY Apple software to put a song or two on my iPhone? What a TOTAL CROCK.

If my ability to use OTHER software as I CHOOSE to put music on MY iPHONE is RESTRICTED, thus resticting other companys ability to offer products in the FREE MARKET, it is tHE SAME THING.

MM NEEDS TO SUE APPLE
jkirker

Post by jkirker »

I'm with you on wanting to sync music with MM - and waiting. 3GS phone comes today...

But worse than all of this - and Microsoft with IE is that we are all STUCK with Safari! AND NO FREAKING FLASH SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!
Atreyu

Post by Atreyu »

Listen guys, I agree with you on the monopoly abuse by Apple, but maybe it's more constructive to stay on topic here, and see what's up with the MM/iPhone sync support.
Brahma

Post by Brahma »

Atreyu wrote:Listen guys, I agree with you on the monopoly abuse by Apple, but maybe it's more constructive to stay on topic here, and see what's up with the MM/iPhone sync support.
Agreed... Had to rant though.

Is there ANY projected timeline? Thanks!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Brahma wrote: Is there ANY projected timeline? Thanks!
You know the drill... of course not :wink:
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
tmurph

Post by tmurph »

As a short term fix...still manage all you music in mediamonkey and when you need to sync export your playlists [Tools|Scripts|Export all Playlists] and then import them into iTunes [File|Library|Import Playlist] so you can sync from iTunes to your iPhone. Not convenient but not too much trouble and you can still have MediaMonkey as your primary player but not miss out on the benefits of iPhone 3.0.

Post by Guest »

Did the upgrade of _iphone.dll which eliminated the Win32 crash of MM when plugging in the IPhone with 3.0 OS.

Synchronize runs like everythings working but then no songs in the IPod once sync is complete.
sko

Post by sko »

This works for me:
1. Sync everything with MM, after syncing no content is displayed on iPhone
2. start iTunes
3. select your iPhone in iTunes
4. goto the settings of your iPhone and make sure it doesn't sync music
5. sync with iTunes, this takes a couple of seconds.
6. ét voila, all music synced with MM appears on your iPhone.
Last edited by sko on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

sko wrote:This works for me:
2. start iTunes
Playlists too?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
sko

Post by sko »

nohitter151 wrote:
sko wrote:This works for me:
2. start iTunes
Playlists too?
unfortunately, when i tried too sync a playlist i've created in MM, these were visible in MM on the iphone, but don't appear on the iphone itself

I'm testing now with multiple albums without playlist

update: no, doesn't work anymore, looks like a one-time-only success. the first album is stuck on my iPhone and i cannot delete it even, or add new songs.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Good things, even one success can give a clue for next step. Please keep your tests coming even there is no replies be sure that we are watching.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
sko

Post by sko »

iTunes could see the MM-synced album, but it was greyed out. I could not sync any songs in iTunes.
So I did an "erase and sync" in iTunes, because it complained that the library was synced with another iTunes. The album on the iPhone was gone now (the one which was synced with MM yesterday)

Then I synced 1 album with iTunes, it showed up in the iPhone
I opened MM, but the album on the iPhone was not visible in MM :(
I synced a few albums with a few songs/album to iPhone, in MM it looks ok, but not visible on iPhone itself
I synced again with iTunes, nothing happens,only album synced with iTunes is visible on iPhone.
so, MM and iTunes do not see each others songs, only their own synced songs on the iPhone.

It looks like MM is syncing to a different DB on the iPhone?

oh btw: my iPhone is now jailbroken, If you need any files or DB for analyzing i can deliver it

Mybe this can also be done btw through iPhonebrowser: http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/list
dbdog

Post by dbdog »

FYI here is a recent post from the Winamp forum:
_____
"1. Before starting, REMOVE all the songs from your iPod using iTunes. 2. Start foobar2000 and sync songs to your iPod with foo_dop as usual. 3. When you're done, start up iPhoneBrowser (or SSH/Mobile Terminal) and in the left hand pane, navigate to /User/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes 4. In the right hand pane, delete the iTunesCDB file (NOT the iTunesDB file). 5. Start up iTunes and allow it to find your iPod. If you look in the music section, you should see all the files synced using foo_dop. 6. Close iTunes. 7. You must carry out steps 3-6 whenever adding/removing songs with foo_dop

(While reading just replace "foo_dop" by "ml_ipod" and "foobar2000" by "winamp"...
______
So by the looks of it both Foobar and Winamp can sync using this awkward method. Maybe MediaMonkey can work this way too. I'll try it tomorrow.

dbdog
Last edited by dbdog on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maximation

Post by maximation »

i hate iTunes but looks like MM doesn't really do away with it unless you don't mind waiting for it to support current iPods.

iPod Touch 2nd gen + 3.0 - finally I can bluetooth into the head unit in my car....but only if I use iTunes....damn!

At least I only have to use it for syncing.

Come on folks. World domination can't be achieved if you're months behind...:)