Incomplete iPod Lyrics [BUG#5995]

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

rigagoogoo

Incomplete iPod Lyrics [BUG#5995]

Post by rigagoogoo »

I'm using Mediamonkey to sync my iPod 5g. Everything works fine, except the synced lyrics aren't complete and come out like this:

Code: Select all

Well, it would've been, could've been worse than you would ever know.
Oh, the dashboard melted, but we still have the radio.

Oh, it should've been, could've been worse than you would ever know.
W...
I'm not converting any of the tracks when i sync. Is there a way to fix this?
nohitter151

Re: Incomplete iPod Lyrics

Post by nohitter151 »

Are the lyrics fine for the tracks on the PC? Do you have volume leveling enabled during the sync?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rigagoogoo

Post by rigagoogoo »

Yep, the lyrics are perfect on the PC. And no, volume levelling is off. The probably is happening with every track and the lyrics always end with ...
darth_indy

Post by darth_indy »

I have the exact same problem. I have a 6th Gen iPod Classic 120GB. The lyrics worked perfectly until i upgraded to MediaMonkey 3.1. I've found no reason for it either.

Nearly all my songs have lyrics, and on my computer, the lyrics are complete. If I copy a song directly from my iPod onto another computer, the lyrics show up the same way, cut off after a few lines and ending with "..."
Watsons

Post by Watsons »

I've just started using MediaMonkey today and so far so good except for this tiny problem as well.
Mine is a 5th Gen Video iPod (30Gb).
jisan

Post by jisan »

Im facing the same issue. Lyrics are truncated to 200 words. IT has started happening after i upgraded to 3.1.0.1256. is this a defect?
kornhollio

Post by kornhollio »

hey guys... have the same problem with lyrics. Has anyone an answer?

greetz
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

It must just be for iPods. Lyrics display fine on my iPhone.

Post by Guest »

same problem on my 5.5G (30GB) ipod. I have noticed this problem several versions back but it only happened to some songs.

I remember reading a thread here about the same problem and it was supposedly resolved in a fix. now, almost ALL my songs with lyrics are truncated :( the lyrics appear to be truncated at the point of syncing. any help? it would be lovely to see the complete lyrics for my songs!
lantolin

Post by lantolin »

Same thing here, MM last version as today, iPod 5.5G all lyrics truncated. Very annoying.
AndréVonDrei

Post by AndréVonDrei »

Having the same problem.
The thing is that it only happens on auto-converted FLAC files. With all my MP3's full lyrics show
iTouch 2.2.1
MM 3.1.1

Post by Guest »

bump.

i think this problem warrants some attention from the developers since it doesn't seem to be an isolated problem?

i understand that there might be more critical bugs and improvements to be made, but this problem is a rather annoying one that seems to affect multiple models of ipods and is really a turn-off for perfectionists out there who want their music tagged perfectly (me for one, but i'm sure the others in this thread would agree :P)

even if this isn't a priority, i think we would all be very appreciative if the developers could tell us if this bug might be looked into in the near future?

thanks a mil MM guys! :)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

lantolin

Re: Incomplete iPod Lyrics BUG#5995

Post by lantolin »

It is a good thing that an issue has been created (I guess).

This is really annoying, I can offer debugging or tracing as I can reproduce it easily.
cooperg21

Re: Incomplete iPod Lyrics BUG#5995

Post by cooperg21 »

I can vouch that this issue is not only for ipods. I am syncing to an external harddrive folder (d_USBMass1.dll) using the auto convert function.

Would greatly appreciate a fix as I'm already a quarter through syncing my orig library with the lyricator script and would love to have my travelsized library reflect all of that hard work.