Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

limex
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:29 am
Location: Vienna / Austria

Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Post by limex » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:50 pm

I followed the Guide for ipod Syncing (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=29525) but I have a strange error when syncing my iphone 3G with MM 3.1.2.1274:
Album Art for Singles (No Album, AlbumArtist and Track#) sometimes is appearing ...
... not on the single track or
... or on the wrong single track.

Tracks from Albums get the correct Album Art.

All Album Art ist stored in the Tags.

Any ideas?

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Post by nohitter151 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:24 pm

limex wrote: Any ideas?
Update to the latest beta version (3.1.2.1282)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

limex
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:29 am
Location: Vienna / Austria

Re: Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Post by limex » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:50 am

nohitter151 wrote: Update to the latest beta version (3.1.2.1282)
THX for the hint. But didn't fix the issue.

I had a closer look at the issue:
Some of the singles that have a album art in MM, get a different (wrong) album art in the iphone.
This wrong album art is always the same one from a synced single track. This single track is in a different folder, different artist, different track.

All single tracks where synced via the same playlist.

Image

huge
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Re: Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Post by huge » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:04 am

Did you ever come up with a solution to this problem? I'm seeing something similar happen ...

limex
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:29 am
Location: Vienna / Austria

Re: Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Post by limex » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:14 am

huge wrote:Did you ever come up with a solution to this problem? I'm seeing something similar happen ...
Not really. Every version I used had the same issue. I suppose, there is a bug in MM. But the number of users assigning art to singles is low. Many of them didn't realize that there is a problem. Some of them don't care or this it was their fault. So: only 2 of them where "complaining" about it :)
But I understand that this issue of 2 guys is not important enough to make it to the radar screen of the developers. There are more important ones.

Peke
Posts: 13303
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:21 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Post by Peke » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:04 pm

We are watching but could not been able to replicate problem especially if Album art is saved to Tag apron sync.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
Image
Image
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Post by nohitter151 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:53 am

I think you probably need to fill the album field with something in order for the art to appear.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

limex
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:29 am
Location: Vienna / Austria

Re: Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Post by limex » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:49 am

nohitter151 wrote:I think you probably need to fill the album field with something in order for the art to appear.
What should that be? A unique id? starting with i.e. _workaround_for_albumart_issue_00001?

Then my iphone would list all the singles as Albums but with 1 track. Not good. ;)

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Post by nohitter151 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:17 am

limex wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:I think you probably need to fill the album field with something in order for the art to appear.
What should that be? A unique id? starting with i.e. _workaround_for_albumart_issue_00001?

Then my iphone would list all the singles as Albums but with 1 track. Not good. ;)
How about the actual name of the disc the singles are on? That's what I use in my library. Ie: http://www.discogs.com/Buddy-Holly-Pegg ... ter/148364
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

limex
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:29 am
Location: Vienna / Austria

Re: Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Post by limex » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:00 pm

nohitter151 wrote:
limex wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:I think you probably need to fill the album field with something in order for the art to appear.
What should that be? A unique id? starting with i.e. _workaround_for_albumart_issue_00001?

Then my iphone would list all the singles as Albums but with 1 track. Not good. ;)
How about the actual name of the disc the singles are on? That's what I use in my library. Ie: http://www.discogs.com/Buddy-Holly-Pegg ... ter/148364
Sorry, but that doesn't change anything ... _workaround_for_albumart_issue_00001 or "Peggy Sue Whatever Album"...
It is still a bad thing to list my singles with an Album that is incomplete because it has only one track:
I would get thousands of albums listed in my Mediamonkey and on the iphone. Couldn't find the "real" albums any more.

Guys, thanks for your time to offer workarounds. But workarounds don't solve THE REAL issue. They only make it worse and mean hours and hours and hours and hours of effort. ;)

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Post by nohitter151 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:40 pm

limex wrote:
Guys, thanks for your time to offer workarounds. But workarounds don't solve THE REAL issue. They only make it worse and mean hours and hours and hours and hours of effort. ;)
Well the real issue is that the iPod needs an album name in order to show album art, is my guess. Not much you can do about it other than a workaround.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

rrfpacker
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:47 pm

Re: Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Post by rrfpacker » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:51 pm

Years ago a company called K Tel would release numerous compilation albums per year. All were full of the current "hits". For my singles, I have a folder called K Tel with sub folders for Rock, Top 40, Country, etc. Then I put all the single Country songs in an album K Tel Country, rock songs in an album K Tel Rock... you get the idea.

You can then highlight all the songs on that album and search Amazon for an album called K Tel. That will bring up many albums and corresponding artwork. Pick one and use it. Works for me.

limex
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:29 am
Location: Vienna / Austria

Re: Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Post by limex » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:38 am

rrfpacker wrote:Years ago a company called K Tel would release numerous compilation albums per year. All were full of the current "hits". For my singles, I have a folder called K Tel with sub folders for Rock, Top 40, Country, etc. Then I put all the single Country songs in an album K Tel Country, rock songs in an album K Tel Rock... you get the idea.

You can then highlight all the songs on that album and search Amazon for an album called K Tel. That will bring up many albums and corresponding artwork. Pick one and use it. Works for me.
Thanks for your comment, but I think you didn't get the point:
limex wrote:Sorry, but that doesn't change anything ... _workaround_for_albumart_issue_00001 or "Peggy Sue Whatever Album"...
It is still a bad thing to list my singles with an Album that is incomplete because it has only one track:
I would get thousands of albums listed in my Mediamonkey and on the iphone. Couldn't find the "real" albums any more.
Adding Albums to singles IS NOT A PROPER SOLUTION. period.
It is a single. not an album. It would be listed as an INCOMPLETE ALBUM in the "Files to Edit" Folder, just to list one the numerous issues.

I'm out now of this topic. Hoping for a fix of the BUG.
Workarounds are Workarounds. No solutions.

over and out.

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Post by nohitter151 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:19 am

limex wrote:Adding Albums to singles IS NOT A PROPER SOLUTION. period.
It is a single. not an album. It would be listed as an INCOMPLETE ALBUM in the "Files to Edit" Folder, just to list one the numerous issues.

I'm out now of this topic. Hoping for a fix of the BUG.
Workarounds are Workarounds. No solutions.

over and out.
I tried to make this clear in my previous post. This is an iPod limitation.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

limex
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:29 am
Location: Vienna / Austria

Re: Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Post by limex » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:50 am

nohitter151 wrote:I tried to make this clear in my previous post. This is an iPod limitation.
No it is not. itunes is able to handle the album art and sync it correctly to the iphone.
The same singles synced with itunes work. With MM not.

Face it. It is a bug in MM. period.

And just for the case someone has the "great" idea to sync everything with itunes ....
That, my friends, is a workaround I will definitely NOT go.

Post Reply