Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Re: Wrong or missing Album Art for Singles

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem with my MM syncing to Ipod 5G Nano. The whole album art is scrambled now. Some albums have album art while some does not have it although MM has them. In= never had this kind of problem before, but just yesterday i got this problem. Can anyone help me?

I am using the latest MM which is 3.2.2.1300.
Btw, is this the correct settings for Synching?
Anonymous Vagrant

Post by Anonymous Vagrant »

The above "Guest" is me. I had problem logging in my account.

Anyways, i read somewhere here in the forums saying that i need to right click and "Update device database" in order to fix the album art scrambled issue. Where do i find this button I have looked everywhere but it's non-existent.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Anonymous Vagrant wrote:The above "Guest" is me. I had problem logging in my account.

Anyways, i read somewhere here in the forums saying that i need to right click and "Update device database" in order to fix the album art scrambled issue. Where do i find this button I have looked everywhere but it's non-existent.
Right click iPod node.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Anonymous Vagrant

Post by Anonymous Vagrant »

nohitter151 wrote:
Anonymous Vagrant wrote:The above "Guest" is me. I had problem logging in my account.

Right click iPod node.
Be more specific. where is the ipod nod? The "Available Devices/ Plug-ins"? Cause i got a "Remove Device" option only when i right-click. There is no "Update device database".
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Anonymous Vagrant wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:

Right click iPod node.
Be more specific. where is the ipod nod? The "Available Devices/ Plug-ins"? Cause i got a "Remove Device" option only when i right-click. There is no "Update device database".

j0hnny63

Post by j0hnny63 »

Also having this problem. In fact it's the only negative result of my switch from iTunes to MM.

For example, my collection of Beatles singles, which have no entry in the album field, all appear under "Unknown Album" on my iPod classic, as they should. However, they're all individually tagged with different artwork and whereas they would each display their individual artwork when I synced with iTunes, MM results in all of them displaying the "Day Tripper" artwork, as that is the first in alphabetical order.

Quite annyoing. Work on a fix, PLEASE.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

j0hnny63 wrote:Also having this problem. In fact it's the only negative result of my switch from iTunes to MM.

For example, my collection of Beatles singles, which have no entry in the album field, all appear under "Unknown Album" on my iPod classic, as they should. However, they're all individually tagged with different artwork and whereas they would each display their individual artwork when I synced with iTunes, MM results in all of them displaying the "Day Tripper" artwork, as that is the first in alphabetical order.

You can work around the problem by just supplying something for the album field. It seems MM will only assign album art to tracks on an iPod if it actually belongs to an album. So just name the album field of your single the same name as the track title.

j0hnny63

Post by j0hnny63 »

nohitter151 wrote:
j0hnny63 wrote:Also having this problem. In fact it's the only negative result of my switch from iTunes to MM.

You can work around the problem by just supplying something for the album field. It seems MM will only assign album art to tracks on an iPod if it actually belongs to an album. So just name the album field of your single the same name as the track title.
Urg, that's way, way, way too ridiculous of a trade-off. Other than one massive "Unknown Album" I like how only proper albums show under MM while I'm browsing Album Art. Having a couple thousands singles appearing as separate albums would be chaos.

Guess I'll just have to put up with it.