Help with syncing sansa fuze!

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

frustrateduser

Help with syncing sansa fuze!

Post by frustrateduser »

Hi, I have an 8gb fuze and I just cannot get all my songs onto the player. it says it is syncing 2091 files and takes ages to do so but when I unplug there only just over 500 songs present. I ticked the box to convert all to mp3 the second time I tried this, just in case it was a format problem but even with everything converted I get the same result.

Help please.

Thanks
MDominik13

Re: Help with syncing sansa fuze!

Post by MDominik13 »

I just synced my Fuze over the weekend using MediaMonkey 4.0 (beta) and didn't have any problems. Are you using a MicroSD card? What is your USB mode set to?

Mike
frustrateduser

Post by frustrateduser »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for replying. My usb mode is set to MSC after reading a few posts on here I switched it from the other option but got the same result. Yes I am using a usb card, 32gb but it is recognised both by my computer and the player itself. Sync takes about 6 hours and just to be safe I convert everything to mp3, after it didn't sync the first time. My fuze is running the latest firmware but I don't have a clue what it is. I have purchased the gold version of mediamonkey, again no idea of the version sorry.

Any ideas? I haven't been able to sync my library at all yet. I used to own an ipod and perchased mediamonkey in order to convert the files to sansa friendly. Now even this doesn't work I just get 500 and something files instead of 300 and something! Because i have more than 8gb of files I am trying to sync directly to the sd card and the card and the player both show up as separate things.

Thanks for the help.
MDominik13

Post by MDominik13 »

What happens if you sync a slightly smaller amount directly to the player (not the card)? Maybe it's an issue with the card? Did you format the card before syncing?

Mike
frustrateduser

Post by frustrateduser »

Yes, via the format option in my computer, haven't actually tried 2 the fuze itself. Will try and report back.
frustrateduser

Post by frustrateduser »

Hi Mike,

It works! Thank you so much for your help and sorry it took me so long to get back to you but as soon as I got it working went on holiday and just kinda forgot, opps!

So to try what you said I actually took out my sd card so I couldn't accidently use it, when I connected the player it then said formatting device, which I had done manually but it never did automatically before. I noticed after this process had completed that my device was displaying differently than before the format and now it actually said 'fuze' with two subcat saying 'external' and 'sd slot' which of course was currently empty. Encouraged by this I tried syncing, must of miscalculculated cos it all fit. Pushing my luck I then synced to sd and that went without a hitch to!

SO TO ANYONE OUT THERE, NEVER GET A BRAND NEW SANSA AND PUT THE SD CARD IN WITHOUT LETTING YOUR COMPUTER FORMAT IT FIRST! Don't know why but it mucks it up bigtime.

(forgot to say, that after format I unplugged device and restarted computer.) Don't know if that helped or not but it's just what I did.)

Happy listening! Thanks again Mike