iOS 4.3 ?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

tatoosh

Re: iOS 4.3 ?

Post by tatoosh »

Hope that Next beta will fix that issue :(
TimA

Post by TimA »

I tried build 1355, and I can now sync to my iPhone 4/IOS 4.3; the phone recognizes the tracks put there by MM4 and plays them.

HOWEVER... After I go to iTunes and sync my apps and contacts, the phone then reports that it has "No music". iTunes has deleted the tracks put on the phone by MM4. If I restart MM4 so that it re-scans the phone, MM4 confirms the tracks are no longer on the phone. This is exactly the same issue I had with MM3/IOS 4.2.

In iTunes I am using the "Manually manage music and videos" option, but it still deletes the "foreign" content when it syncs. I've played around with this option within iTunes (not using MM), and it behaves as expected for tracks that iTunes puts onto the phone itself; When this option is enabled, iTunes doesn't automatically delete tracks from the phone during a sync even if I delete them from the iTunes library; this works for both AAC and MP3 files.

So, somehow, iTunes can tell the difference between files that it puts on the phone itself and the files that MM puts on the phone, and it deletes the ones that MM put on there, even with the "Manually manage music and videos" option enabled.

TimA.
see-beyond-me

Post by see-beyond-me »

jiri wrote:Please try build 1355 or later (to be released shortly), it should fix 4.3 syncing issues.

Jiri
Jiri
does your statement imply that there won't be ios4.3 support for MM3 or will it just be late or am I totally wrong and MM3 will get timely ios4.3 support ?

thx
/MD
jiri

Post by jiri »

We will most likely release a MM3 update soon, after we confirm that all iOS 4.3 issues are resolved (which seems to be the case).

Jiri
see-beyond-me

Post by see-beyond-me »

jiri wrote:We will most likely release a MM3 update soon, after we confirm that all iOS 4.3 issues are resolved (which seems to be the case).

Jiri
thanks for the quick answer, much appreciated.
/MD
Anon

Post by Anon »

I also have a very similar issue. iOs 4.3, iTouch 4G.

I've found that after syncing in MM(3), I have to open the music app before it sleeps/locks. It will then update the library and work perfectly. If I don't, I get the same message as the others, asking me to sync to itunes. It's just an extra step - although an obnoxious one.
fishnet37222

Post by fishnet37222 »

This works for me as well, with my iPod touch 4th gen and iOS 4.3.
Dave F.
rctechy4

Post by rctechy4 »

I am looking for a YES/No Answer. Does MM work with iOS 4.3?? ANyone using it without having to go thru iTunes to add music to iphone 3GS?? I dont want to upgrade my iPhone to iSO 4.3 and get caught out? Thanks
Tankred

Post by Tankred »

rctechy4 wrote:I am looking for a YES/No Answer. Does MM work with iOS 4.3??
No.

Haven't you read this thread, at least the past few contributions e.g. the one from Jiri? There is a new Build of MM to be released soon. But at the moment, synchronization's just not working properly.

One additional note: after the update to iOS 4.3.1 not even the following iTunes synch seems to help...
Tankred
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Tankred wrote:
rctechy4 wrote:I am looking for a YES/No Answer. Does MM work with iOS 4.3??
No.

Haven't you read this thread, at least the past few contributions e.g. the one from Jiri? There is a new Build of MM to be released soon. But at the moment, synchronization's just not working properly.

One additional note: after the update to iOS 4.3.1 not even the following iTunes synch seems to help...
It is working fine with MM4 (beta version).
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dkstott

Post by dkstott »

hi gang

I am not so sure that the cause of the issue being discussed is with ISO 4.3 or 4.3.1

I am running IOS 4.2.1 on my IPOD touch gen 3

my use of Itunes is simply to sync apps, so I figured that there would be no issues with downloading ITUNES version 10.2.1

I am now encountering the reported issue of ther Ipod reporting that I have no music on my IPOD, etc.....

When I check settings, it states that I have 4,100 songs on the IPOD. so the music is recognized within settings, but not when "music" button is pressed.

if I do a sync via Itunes after doing the sync in MM (MM helps lists my version as 3.2.4.1304), then all is well

Dave
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

Any idea on a release date for iOS 4.3.1 compatibility?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Music Diva wrote:Any idea on a release date for iOS 4.3.1 compatibility?
Can you verify that it doesn't work in the latest beta build?

Tankred

Post by Tankred »

I think he's asking for a release ie final Version and not a beta.
Tankred
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Tankred wrote:I think he's asking for a release ie final Version and not a beta.
No one knows when it will be released. Not even the devs.