iOS 4.3 ?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

see-beyond-me

iOS 4.3 ?

Post by see-beyond-me »

given that it can be downloaded already for 24h, I wonder why no one asked before (or did and I didn't find the topic... :( )...

Does 3.2.4.1304 support iOS 4.3 or will a new release be required ?

thx
/md
nohitter151

Re: iOS 4.3 ?

Post by nohitter151 »

New release will be needed.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
see-beyond-me

Post by see-beyond-me »

why am I not surprised ? But thanks for the quick reply, just wanted to be sure about updating my iPhone 4.

/md
Peke

Post by Peke »

It is always better to check MM news and beta forum to see if Devs rellesed news about new MM and plugin version that fixes iOS version incompatibility.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MikeCerm

Post by MikeCerm »

Just so you all know, syncing IS working with 4.3, but there is a bug. After syncing with MediaMonkey, you must then sync with iTunes.

MediaMonkey sync runs as normal, but when you open the Music app, it will say "Connect to iTunes to transfers songs" or something to that effect, as if it believes the device to be empty. After you sync, immediately open iTunes, and sync your device with iTunes (obviously you should have already checked the "manually manage music" box, so iTunes doesn't actually overwrite any of your music). This appears to trigger the device to refresh its own internal library.

Once you've synced with iTunes, you can open the music app and all of your files will be there. Each time you sync with MediaMonkey, you will need to re-sync with iTunes again. Since you're not actually transferring any data, syncing with iTunes takes just a few seconds.
rah1420

Post by rah1420 »

MikeCerm wrote:MediaMonkey sync runs as normal, but when you open the Music app, it will say "Connect to iTunes to transfers songs" or something to that effect, as if it believes the device to be empty.
Interesting. I had this behavior on my iPhone 4.2 and build 1304 yesterday. I have not upgraded any Apple software yet nor has iTunes touched the iPhone.
I did not see this thread so I tried simply deleting my playlists, auto-syncing to remove all content, then configuring the device to put the playlists back and re-synced again to restore the content. There may be a faster way of doing it, :D but it did the trick for me.
---
Proud lifetime member!
fishnet37222

Post by fishnet37222 »

I tried what Mike said above, but it didn't work with my iPod touch 4G. No matter how many times I synced my iPod with iTunes, it still didn't recognize the music on there, and there was no way of getting the music off short of doing a complete restore.
Dave F.
lindholm

Post by lindholm »

Same here :(
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

lindholm

Post by lindholm »

That's for MM4. I'm using MM3
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

lindholm wrote:
That's for MM4. I'm using MM3
Yes, support for iOS 4.3 is being beta tested in MM4 now.

lindholm

Post by lindholm »

Tried MM4. Spotty at best. Would work one time, fail another.

Guess it doesn't help that I have an iPod that iTunes can't sync to easily :(
TimA

Post by TimA »

I'm trying to sync my iPhone 4/IOS 4.3 with MM4 build 1353.

MM4 appears to sync MP3 my files OK, but when I start the iPod app on the iPhone it says "iTunes Sync Required" and won't let me into the app at all.

Then, after I sync with iTunes (V10.2.1.1) with the "Manually manage music and videos" option checked, iPhone allows me into the music list but says there is "No Music".

When I look again in MM4 the MP3 files are still on the phone - iTunes hasn't deleted them, but the iPhone isn't recognizing them as part of the library.

Is there anything else I need to try or do I just need to wait for a later MM4 build?

Thanks,
TimA.
fishnet37222

Post by fishnet37222 »

Do we know if MM3 will get iOS 4.3 support? I really don't like having to keep my library synced between iTunes and MM.
Dave F.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Please try build 1355 or later (to be released shortly), it should fix 4.3 syncing issues.

Jiri