iOS 4.3 ?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

see-beyond-me

Re: iOS 4.3 ?

Post by see-beyond-me »

nohitter151 wrote:
Tankred wrote:I think he's asking for a release ie final Version and not a beta.
No one knows when it will be released. Not even the devs.
at least work is done and a release is getting closer, here is the beta for those who want to try...
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 75#p293073

/MD
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

I just hope we can get the release before Apple decides to release another of their increments.
see-beyond-me

Post by see-beyond-me »

Music Diva wrote:I just hope we can get the release before Apple decides to release another of their increments.
well, apple already did, it's not 4.3 any longer but 4.3.1.
But for what it's worth, I upped to 3.2.5-1306 on my system (and my iPhone4 to iOS 4.3.1 ) and had no issues synching some tracks and records to the iPhone4 (ok, I don't use any fancy stuff, only manual marking of a track and using 'send to' or just entire records [each record has its own directory in my environment] manually marked for synching, ie. no fancy playlist stuff, or playlist syncing from phone to mm aso.).

hth
/MD
afmagana

Post by afmagana »

Had the issue, installed latest beta and synched just one song. Before that, I had synched 1200 songs and the issue arised. This time, it was only one track. The iPod recognized all the songs. So I played it for a while. Next time I tried to play it happened as before: requested sync with iTunes.

I'm gonna try to delete and re-sync, to check if that solves it.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
God exists. Otherwise, how else can you explain i'm married?
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

I'm aware of iOS 4.3.1, and I'm talking about the official release, not testing or betas.

iOS 4.3.2 may be coming. http://www.bgr.com/2011/04/07/apple-to- ... two-weeks/

Can we get an ETA, PLEASE? Because often Apple messes up something in the increments and the wait will then be even longer if we can't officially sync 4.3.1 soon.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Music Diva wrote:I'm aware of iOS 4.3.1, and I'm talking about the official release, not testing or betas.

iOS 4.3.2 may be coming. http://www.bgr.com/2011/04/07/apple-to- ... two-weeks/

Can we get an ETA, PLEASE? Because often Apple messes up something in the increments and the wait will then be even longer if we can't officially sync 4.3.1 soon.
It can't be released until enough people test it. I can't see the problem using the MM 3.2.5 beta. The only change is in regards to iPod/iPhone support!
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
afmagana

Post by afmagana »

nohitter151 wrote: It can't be released until enough people test it. I can't see the problem using the MM 3.2.5 beta. The only change is in regards to iPod/iPhone support!
Well, my results: As mentioned before, got an iPod Touch 3G, iOS 4.3.1. So far, after deleting all the tracks and resync, not a single trouble. I can tell the last beta is working for me. Hope it is the same for all of you. Thank you very much.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

3.2.5 officially released with iOS 4.3 support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 15#p293793
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Tankred

Post by Tankred »

I can confirm that the current build is working with iOS 4.3 and 4.3.1 on my iPhone. Again, I have music on my iPhone that I can access, thank you!
Tankred
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

nohitter151 wrote:3.2.5 officially released with iOS 4.3 support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 15#p293793

Thank you!! You've made my day! :D
dkstott

Post by dkstott »

syncing works awesome~

I puzzled by the fact that I never see the "sync in process" display on my Itouch...

my new problem is that I have floating album art on my Itouch...... the album artwork changes randomly when I fast forward to the next tune..

I used the sync tags function, but it doesn't improves anthing..

thoughts?

Dave
afmagana

Post by afmagana »

dkstott wrote:syncing works awesome~
I puzzled by the fact that I never see the "sync in process" display on my iTouch...
my new problem is that I have floating album art on my Itouch...... the album artwork changes randomly when I fast forward to the next tune..
I used the sync tags function, but it doesn't improves anything..
thoughts?
Dave
Well, I'm puzzled too about the lack of "sync in process" warning, but as long as the job gets done, don't mind too much.

What exactly is the problem with the artwork? One thing I've noticed is that the album art displays correctly in the music app, but it doesn't in the lockscreen: sometimes it shows an incorrect one, sometimes it doesn't display any art at all. It happens whether i sync new music or delete and sync my whole library. But so far, the solution is simple: after a sync, reboot the iPod or iPhone and the artwork displays correctly again. AFAIK, it's a common bug since 4.2 and can't be blamed on MM. I could be wrong, but so far is the solution that has worked for me.
dkstott

Post by dkstott »

it is very strange that the "sync in process" warning is no longer displayed

ever since 4.2, I have had minor issues with artwork randomly displaying during a scan.. I considered it to be no big deal

But as of the latest version, when I skip a tune, the artwork changes....it seems to switch between 2-3 different artworks as I skip through the tunes. now it is annoying me...

tried the sync tags fix... no change...
tried the viewing artwork to make sure all is well.made some corrections, but still have floating artwork.
tried syncing with itunes after a MM sync... no change...

Dave
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

I don't get "sync in progress" either on my iPad 1. I haven't tried the touch yet. I get incorrect artwork on the lockscreen all the time with the touch. I was never sure why this was. Maybe I will try the reboot option.

P.S. Tried the touch, same thing. No "sync in progress" anymore. Didn't try the iPhone 4 yet but I assume the same thing will happen. I wonder why that is.
Last edited by Music Diva on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
afmagana

Post by afmagana »

Weird. My wife's iPod is still on 4.1. Even if I sync with MediaMonkey, every time i open iTunes it reads the iPod and says the format is incorrect. WTH?